STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Mutants and Masterminds is officially for sale now

After a long stretch and a large amount of work, the official M&M ruleset is now available. Thanks to Alberto Zaldivar for all his efforts and for putting together a beautiful looking and quite functional ruleset. He is currently working on the upcoming Gamemaster Handbook, but we didn't want to hold this out any longer.

You can find it by looking in the store for the Mutants & Masterminds game system or by searching Green Ronin. Look for more products to come out at a later date. For anyone interested in doing module and add-on conversion, please have at it and then send me a note when you have it complete and ready to post. Happy Gaming!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=GRR5501eFG2

Woohoo! Steampunk Supers, here we come!

Great news on the release! Will you be able to import hero lab generated characters?

Blog Entries
    Not directly at this time. It is something we will look into adding in the future though, depending on the size of the community. It looks like we have three people so far who have expressed a desire for this functionality. We may reach out to Lone Wolf to see if they would mind creating an export specifically for the new ruleset.

Ok, I seem to be having problems with this ruleset. I purchased it and ran the install package, but when I create a campaign there is no "library" button to access the M&M 3e rules. This means I cannot input a character by bragging the powers/advantages/etc... from the appropriate rules section.

From the description of the rules set I was under the impression that the contants of the M&M Handbook would be included.

Edit: Ok, I discovered that the "The Net" button accesses the Library, but when I press it it comes up but there are no entries, the Linrary is empty.
    Last edited by DrakosDJ; June 28th, 2012 at 09:13.

Have you activated the module? Usually there's a modules button and you have to open the book icon to activate it. The module content then appears in the library.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Yeah, it's there, but you have to activate it with the modules button in the upper right corner. I've been happily building characters with it. Also, there are some nifty tokens included which appear in the token bag which you can drag to the character portrait section of the character sheet. A nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by kairos
    Yeah, it's there, but you have to activate it with the modules button in the upper right corner. I've been happily building characters with it. Also, there are some nifty tokens included which appear in the token bag which you can drag to the character portrait section of the character sheet. A nice touch.
    Thanks for the replies, I had activated the module, but I didn't Open the book in the module screen. I figured it out this morning and can now see the M&M book. I'm new to using FGII so I'm likely to make alot of newb mistakes.

I am now trying to enter a character I've built in Hero Lab, but I;ve nothced that no all power modifiers are avaliable. For example I can't find "Normal Strength" modifier for shrinking.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ
    I am now trying to enter a character I've built in Hero Lab, but I;ve nothced that no all power modifiers are avaliable. For example I can't find "Normal Strength" modifier for shrinking.
    I imagine it was impractical to add every effect-specific modifier into the module as its own shortcut, but the modifier is listed in the power description. What you can do is right-click in the Extra/Flaws Options box then click "Create Extra/Flaw". Then you can add in anything you want.
    Last edited by kairos; June 28th, 2012 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by kairos
    I imagine it was impractical to add every effect-specific modifier into the module as its own shortcut, but the modifier is listed in the power description. What you can do is right-click in the Extra/Flaws Options box then click "Create Extra/Flaw". Then you can add in anything you want.
    But how would I be able to mane it add it's effect within the character sheet. Take for example, with the "Normal Strength" modifier, how would I get it to not apply a strength reduction when the power is active?

In their online tutorials they demonstrate the functionality for the 4e template to by using key phrases such as ONCE, ATT, ALL, etc... which get inturprited by the interfact to make appropriate adjustments. Where can I find a list of the M&M key words? After all one of the benefits of a virtual tabletop is to allow for automating tedious tasks to maximize the fun.

Thread Information