5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

Cool stuff for next time...

I don't see a thread for this so I figured I would start one.
    (I realize that there's the idea thingie... but some discussion bout it would be good too)

It would be nice to be able to import characters into manage characters in 3.5/PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    I don't see a thread for this so I figured I would start one.
    (I realize that there's the idea thingie... but some discussion bout it would be good too)

It would be nice to be able to import characters into manage characters in 3.5/PF.
    You can - use the character converter - select "Fantasy Grounds (xml)" as the input and "local import" as the output.

Blog Entries
    Only for HL exports... you can't bring in characters built and enhanced in FG... a server export for example. Server characters cannot be edited.

Wait... you can do it with FG .xml files? OK.. I'll have to look at that.

Blog Entries
    It would be nice to be able to import NPCs from Hero Lab and have everything auto populate like it does with PCs (I'm speaking primarily about 3.5e but I guess this would hold for Pathfinder and 4e as well).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

How about once you set your grid, have the ability to drag and drop it.

A good companion for that would be distance measuring. Of course that would probably mean you would have to dedicate block/hex size.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebs
    How about once you set your grid, have the ability to drag and drop it.
    Guessing that you mean that you can move the grid around once you define it? If so, this is available in at least the 3.5E and 4E ruleset - when you have placed your initial grid, look for the toolbox icon in the top left corner of the map/image (looks a bit like railway tracks), click this and then the grid icon - this allows you to resize the grid up and down and also shift the grid around.

A good companion for that would be distance measuring. Of course that would probably mean you would have to dedicate block/hex size.
    Once you have a grid defined you can draw a line and that will show the distance (based on a 5 foot grid). A fast way to draw a line is to hold the left and right mouse buttons as you draw. EDIT: For 4E it measures the distance in the number of squares.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 24th, 2012 at 06:27.

Thank you. I guess with all of the tinkering I have done so far, I miss some things. Now I know

Thank you. I guess with all of the tinkering I have done so far, I miss some things. Now I know
    No worries - there are loads of little things we all miss. Virtually every game I play with new people teaches me something new...

I just worked out I could add in conditions to effects for example!

Bless;ATK:1,SAVE: 1 WILL
    (mind you the +1 to will should only be on a Fear Save)

Don't forget that their is a link in my sig to the wish list for FG.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information