FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Blog Entries
    What happens when you click on the CharacterConverter.exe file?

It makes copies of the Blue Character Converter File

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, I only have one iMac to test on and I don't see that same behavior. Can any other Mac users report back to let us know if they see similar results? For me, double-clicking launches it and prompts me to run it under Wine.

The wrapper that Steam uses is basically WINE that is wrapped into a .app file. It's possible that my system is behaving differently since I had the full version of WINE installed before we started working with the wrapper version.

If you wanted to try some other options while we wait for some responses, you could try the WineSkin approach and then make sure to select to install Mono when prompted. Mono is a requirement to run .NET apps on Mac. The CharacterConverter.exe was limited to .NET 2.0 specifically so that it would remain compatible with Mono.

Here are the instructions if you wanted to go that route.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-(Recommended)

I know there are a fair number of Mac users, though, so hopefully we can get confirmation about the original issue shortly.

Blog Entries
    I also note that when I right-click on the CharacterConverter.exe (not the blue folder), I get an Open With option. Under that context menu, I see an option to open under WINE. If you don't see that, then that might be the problem and you may need to follow the link above to set up a full version of WINE outside the wrapper in order to run the Character Converter.

Which game system are you planning to use the Character Converter for? In most rulesets, it's nice to have the Character Converter but definitely not a requirement. You can fill out everything you need as if it was a paper character sheet and just copy and paste over elements as needed or drag them from library modules.

Yes when I right click that folder there is no option whatsoever for Wine. I'm trying to run pathfinder char converter

I just bought a iMac and trying to move my FG subscription over to the new computer. I first tried using Parallel and Windows 8.1, but can't get the silly port to open. So I figured it would be easier to use Winebottler and do it right on the Mac. However, overtime I follow these instruction and start the installation of the FGII app, I get an error while trying to update "The Lost Mines of Phandelver. And the process just stops. Anyone know what's the problem? It installed ok on Parallel.

And I try to push through and hit "install" and it seems to restart and finish, but the only app I can find is one that converts characters from different versions of DnD. Not sure what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

What's the exact error you get?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, during the wine bottling process I get the following Attachment 10852. It stalls and then I hit the "install"button and it restarts.

However, after I get to the end and start to set the path for the app, I get this Attachment 10853

Blog Entries
    It sounds like you don't have your license key (or an active license subscription) entered into your settings. It uses it and the username to secure the content in the vault and will generate an error like that if it is missing those.

Hi DDavison,

Thank you for the quick response. I don't think that's it. I put in my license key and put my login information in the right windows. And according to the instructions, I think I have them in right because it lists the products that I have purchased in the FG installer. And it starts to download the various modules. It just gets to that point and freezes up.

could it be because I have FG installed on Windows using Parallel, too? Maybe it sees the license entered there.

I was going to use Parallel but it seems slow and I seem to have a firewall issue there since it won't let me connect. I finally had it figured out on the old computer before it crapped out.

Thread Information