5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    And thanks for the rep. It's an internet first for me. I tend to lurk, but my investment in this software and the VT market in general to not participate.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Sturtus.

I had a play last night and did manage to get it working under WineBottler but it was a real hack. Think I am going to move away from WineBottler as the developer seems to have disappeared and the main dev site appears to be down.

The problem is actually down to a bug in XQuartz (not in Wine or WineX11) which I have been told by the XQuartz developers will be addressed in 2.7.4 RC1. The problem relates to a bug that will prevent existing wine wrappers (including those by WineBottler) from being able to access OpenGL 3D functions. To fix you have to patch a file and then update your wrappers to use XQuartz instead of the default wineX11 libs.

As you state, for the time being its probably going to be easier for users to switch to WineSkin Winery or upgrade their commercial packages like CrossOver to the latest versions (11.2) if they prefer.

I am also testing the latest Wine 1.5.13 release, once I have a stable build tested and functioning. I will update the FAQs. For the time being I will revise the 10.8.2 note warning users not to upgrade if they intend to continue using WineBottler. Thanks again.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

OK...

Mac OS Lion 10.7.5
    Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB
    Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Here is my problem... i followed the steps on the first page and I have a few issues..
    1)When I am installing my program X11 will sometimes just stop half way through the process and i have to force quit the app then continue the steps so i think that is screwing me over.
    2)When it does work all the way through the launcher doesnt open and it goes straight to the Wine Install where i have to pick the Fantasy Grounds II/Fantasy Grounds exe.

Now i have no idea what i'm doing wrong but here it is...

OH MIGHTY FANTASY GROUNDS GODS HELP ME SO I MAY BE AWESOME LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

Not to mention i think X11 is actually blocking the launcher when it stops working because when i double click in the applications folder the screen will blip a bit then stay on my finder and X11 will say its not responding so i have to force quit it again....
    ugh i've tried this countless times please help me..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedleppin87
    Not to mention i think X11 is actually blocking the launcher when it stops working because when i double click in the applications folder the screen will blip a bit then stay on my finder and X11 will say its not responding so i have to force quit it again....
    ugh i've tried this countless times please help me..
    I gave up with WineBottler after 10.8 was released and switched to WineSkin. Its free and much better than WineBottler IMHO. You can find a guide here.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Mr. Zeus

you my man are a god among men! thank you so much! it worked the minute i tried what you suggested the first time! you are awesome and deserve a raise lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedleppin87
    Mr. Zeus

you my man are a god among men! thank you so much! it worked the minute i tried what you suggested the first time! you are awesome and deserve a raise lol
    Glad its working for you.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Update Trouble

I have installed the FG II app and am at the launch screen; it says I have v.2.9.2 LITE, but the update box is red saying I have an available update. When I click the update button and I agree to the terms it brings me to the settings folder.

I was trying to work on it this morning before I found this forum and changed my app directory and data directory and when I click ok it says Unable to save file (FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

I am able to create a character, but in the future if I have to update was wanting to fix the problem now. TIA

Blog Entries
    Hoolix - Not sure why your getting that problem. I have since moved to WineSkin (free) after having some difficulties with WineBottler and the latest OS X Mountain Lion release. All I can suggest is reinstalling using WineSkin and seeing if that cures the updater problem.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

OK, so next up... I obviously didn't do something right and am wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall the program. If so, I'll need to know how to uninstall the program. (FG2 running on Mac OS X Mountain Lion with Wine.) The reason I'm asking is I'm able to run FG by double clicking the .exe file under the wine programs folder if I choose 'run directly.' I'd much prefer to have an app icon I can keep in my dock, but when I try to bottle the program, it's not working. Regardless of how I choose to do so, I get an error something along the lines of 'can't load base.xml, try to reload?' and if I attempt I just get the error again so I have to abort.

If I'm stuck with running from current location, I can handle that but would definitely prefer to put it in my dock if someone can help straighten me out?

Thread Information