Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amnos
    * i agreed to the EULA
    * i did _not_ see any error
    * i _did_ verify that the App Path was: C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II

jjm
    Amnos - did you have Wine installed prior to installing WineBottler, if so lets check the following default wine path:

Code:
    ls -al ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/
    Can you see a Fantasy Grounds II folder? If so, try launching the Updater manually (from a terminal):

Code:
    wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

i did not have Wine installed previously.

and i do not have ~/.wine directory.

Code:
    $ ls -al ~/.wine
    ls: /Users/moody/.wine: No such file or directory
    thanks for continuing to help.

i have tried to install 3 times. between tries, i remove the obvious files:

/Applications/Fantatsy Grounds II.app
    ~/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Fantasy Grounds II

for a sanity check, i used winebottler to install Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 launches and i can click around the UI. i can't actually play because i don't have an access key.

jjm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amnos
    i did not have Wine installed previously.

and i do not have ~/.wine directory.

Code:
    $ ls -al ~/.wine
    ls: /Users/moody/.wine: No such file or directory
    thanks for continuing to help.

i have tried to install 3 times. between tries, i remove the obvious files:

/Applications/Fantatsy Grounds II.app
    ~/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Fantasy Grounds II

for a sanity check, i used winebottler to install Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 launches and i can click around the UI. i can't actually play because i don't have an access key.

jjm
    OK weird, assuming you have followed the steps I outlined in the OP I am not sure what else might be causing the problem. To ensure the process isn't broken I'll re-install FGII on a Mac system tomorrow. I'll get back to you.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

FG Char Converter with Winebottler

Any advice for running the Char Converter with Winebottler?

I've got a Winebottler FG install working with a Lite license. I tried creating another Custom Prefix in Winebottler and selecting the Char Converter as the exe to run as startfile, but that just starts up in the doc and then disappears after giving a message about updating files.

Thanks!

FGII runs fine but can't get a test to succeed

Am currently running Lion but am not sure how to get the port forwarding to work so that FGII can accept. The external IP address is something very strange and not what I would expect. (can update later as I do not have my laptop with me)
    Do I need to do some changes to my computer's IP address or is it something in Wine/winebottler that needs to be changed.
    Thanks.
    John
    edit: so the internal IP address at the moment is coming up as 66.152.109.107
    Is this something that is because of Wine/Winebottler? Would like some help so I can avoid running through VMware.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by strahd1969; September 15th, 2012 at 01:34.

In case you have trouble finding WineBottler (the developer's site has some issues), you can download the software from the Softpedia mirror.

https://mac.softpedia.com/progDownlo...oad-64545.html

I just performed this install after Crossover stopped working with the latest Mac OS update. In lieu of paying $60 for another year of maintenance, I successfully installed FG II using WineBottler as Dr Zeuss instructed.

I would add, for those running 10.8.2.

Mountain Lion users must download and install the independent X11 project package XQuartz before proceeding with any of the instructions:
    https://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/

Mirror Download for WineBottler in case direct link continues to be broken (it was for me):

With XQuartz installed, WineBottler successfully created the .app bottle where I chose to save it. It did not automatically open FGII upon creation. I had to quit WineBottler, locate the Fantasy Grounds II.app file, and open it by just double clicking. After that, all was grand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sturtus
    I just performed this install after Crossover stopped working with the latest Mac OS update. In lieu of paying $60 for another year of maintenance, I successfully installed FG II using WineBottler as Dr Zeuss instructed.

I would add, for those running 10.8.2.

Mountain Lion users must download and install the independent X11 project package XQuartz before proceeding with any of the instructions:
    https://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/

Mirror Download for WineBottler in case direct link continues to be broken (it was for me):

With XQuartz installed, WineBottler successfully created the .app bottle where I chose to save it. It did not automatically open FGII upon creation. I had to quit WineBottler, locate the Fantasy Grounds II.app file, and open it by just double clicking. After that, all was grand.
    Thanks Sturtus - you pipped me to adding an update to the instructions for ML users. Have some rep. I'll update the first post.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

I take back everything.

WineBottler looked like it was really functioning well, the template prefix was built in the Applications folder inside the .app bottle, the FG Updater ran and downloaded all the parts, I was able to pick out the executable I wanted to run, and it was all bottled up nice andneat. And when I double clicked the Fantasy Grounds II it all popped open and I put up the post.

But then FG never actually opened. I hacked and hacked and hacked at this then hit Google. I only read bad news about wine and the 10.8.2 update for ML. So I dug some more and found (hurray!) another free wine bottling/wrapper engine. They have posted that they fixed the 10.8.2 bug that killed the other wine engines (Crossover, WineBottler), and have active support for newer versions of wine like 1.5 and beyond. I'm in the middle of getting the FG Updater to download all the parts, and when it's done I'll report in.

https://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php

TOTAL SUCCESS.

Running FG using the following:

Mountain Lion 10.8.2
    iMac 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM
    XQuartz
    Wineskin

I can throw together a process if you like. It was pretty straight forward except for the fact it didn't automatically choose the executable. I had to open the the wrapper .app and choose Advanced to specify the exe and a custom icon. But my campaign is open (after setting up my symbolic link to the FG folder in DropBox ) and rolling dice in 3D glory.

Thread Information