DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    Blog Entries
    If you want to email your license key and username along with the screenshot of the Settings screen to [email protected], we can double check it for you.

I have two new players that both use Macs, does the Demo not work through steam on Macs? will they have to purchase it through steam to get FGII working properly? (they both had issues with Winebottler it seems)
    ~licktoren

Did you turn it off and on again?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by licktoren View Post
    I have two new players that both use Macs, does the Demo not work through steam on Macs? will they have to purchase it through steam to get FGII working properly? (they both had issues with Winebottler it seems)
    For some reason, we have had people experience issues with the Mac Demo on Steam. If you go to the Steam Library > Games and select Fantasy Grounds and Properties, go to the BETAS tab and toggle the beta to "preelcapitan". Try that first. If it throws an error message, then toggle it back and wait for it to complete and then relaunch. You should see two additional installation requests, one for Mono and one for Gecko. Allow both of these to complete and then you should be good to go.

Ah ha. That's great to know. A player recently had an issue with the Steam version of FG on their Mac where it was not loading. To resolve it, I scrapped the Steam copy completely and went with my Winebottler approach and it worked.

If it comes up again will use this preelcapitan option. He was using OS 10.8 Mountain Lion

Also: please note that the instructions Zeuss provided are a bit out of date. I would recommend looking at Wineskin Winery for your WINE bottling. It is excellent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sturtus View Post
    Also: please note that the instructions Zeuss provided are a bit out of date. I would recommend looking at Wineskin Winery for your WINE bottling. It is excellent.
    I have used the Zeuss instructions even on El Capitan (ie recently) and they still work as is...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I have used the Zeuss instructions even on El Capitan (ie recently) and they still work as is...
    I only say because Wine Bottler hasn't seen the level of support I've seen in Wineskin Winery. Since the instructions were written, Wineskin Winery has evolved quite nicely and I think a better future. Not sure Wine Bottler has seen many updates or fixes.

Never mind! Wine Bottler is continuing to evolve as well! Either should suffice but Zeus's instructions are explicit and just fine for a walk through.

Thread Information