FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

4E Language Extension

Anyone else using Tenian's language extension? It seems to error on calling the slash handler since update to 2.9.0

Blog Entries

Lightbulb 4E Languages (updated for FGII 2.9a)

Here you go. Patched.

Attached version will ONLY work with FGII v2.9a due to a number of API changes (migration of special message handling to OOBManager and slash handling to Comm package).

JPG - if your still in touch with Tenian - you may want to ask him if its OK to incorporate this neat little extension into the base 4E and 3.5E rulesets.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    Here you go. Patched.

Attached version will ONLY work with FGII v2.9a due to a number of API changes (migration of special message handling to OOBManager and slash handling to Comm package).

JPG - if your still in touch with Tenian - you may want to ask him if its OK to incorporate this neat little extension into the base 4E and 3.5E rulesets.
    FYI - 3.5E version here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=15561

Already uses slashhandler and OOBManager and "appears" to work OK in V2.9 (after only basic testing).

OMG, Awesome! Thanks for getting this fantastic immersion tool back online!

Thanks DrZeuss, my players really like this extension and missed it.

Blog Entries
    No worries - I've missed this extension too! I am just sorry I haven't been around all that much lately. Life has kept me busy, but I'm back now and gearing up for another season of D&D though FGII.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

This is awesome! I was just setting up for my game tomorrow with all your new extensions and thought to myself "if only the languages extension would get fixed too...but that's not Dr. Zuess' so it will be broken FOREVER WAAAAAAH!"

/wrists

DrZuess, the language extension didn't seem to work for my players today. It would translate fine when the DM used it but when a player used it it did not translate for the other players. The DM seemed to get all the translations. So if a PC said Hello in elven when when two others in the party spoke it the DM would see Hello translated multiple times on his screen, presumily the amount of times as PCs who spoke the language but the clients didn't see the translation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look.

Looks like v2.9 introduced some 'under the hood' changes as a 4E Enhanced Images isn't playing nice with v2.9 and the new user controls for pan/zoom.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

OK. Updated version attached. Works with v2.9.1.

• Found a bug with the OOB messaging handling that was causing the clients to never be sent translated messages if language was known. Fixed.
    • Added translated messages to GM chat screen
    • Updated char sheet language list handling to account for non-uniform capitalisation of language names

Supported Languages
    • Draconic
    • Dwarven
    • Elven
    • Giant
    • Goblin
    • Primordial
    • Supernal
    • Abyssal

Further languages can be added to the extension quite easily however we will first need to create FGF versions of the required fonts. Any suggestions/requests - let me know.

If this version still causes issues, please also let me know.

Enjoy!

DrZ
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Thread Information