DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Updater Issue - XP [workaround]

Hey Guys,

I looked for this topic but could not find it. One of the laptops I have is still running XP and it encountered an issue updating. After the first update to patch the Updater, it popped up a command prompt and an error message that said "Windows Can not find 'UpdaterEngine.exe'..." and then crashed. I went to program files and manually ran the UpdaterEngine.exe and it ran fine. My Windows 7 machines updated fine.

Just thought I would post this in case anyone else is having this issue.

Windows XP SP3
    Turion Dual Core
    3GB Ram

I too have this issue... on my XP comp... I guess I'll have to swap my FG to my Laptop running win7? guys?
    ULTIMATE License GM

IVE BEEN HERE FOREVER!

Traveller, C&C, Cypher System!

AKA: ☆𝟚𝟠𝕞𝕞ℝℙ𝔾☆ Youtube

Blog Entries
    JPG is aware of a current issue for XP users trying to update from within the launcher. Paths seem to be incorrect. I am sure it won't be long before JPG addresses with a fix though.

In the interim, I would suggest manually locating and executing the updater engine.exe.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Hi there
    I have just got the same problem with Windows Vista. I then went into the actual folders to find the Updater.exe file and run it from there. The prog then asked me if I wanted to delete it, so I clicked yes. Nothing happened, except that the Updater file is no longer there of course. Uh-oh...any thoughts guys ?

What next ? >

Update - I have found the updater quarantined by Norton. So maybe there is hope !
    Last edited by zackspacks; June 17th, 2012 at 21:19.

Yeah, there is a separate issue where Norton has been quarantining the updater for some reason (as well as blacklisting our web site). I got the web site cleared up, but I might need to follow up with them again if the updater keeps getting quarantined.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information