DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Thread: Release 2.9

Release 2.9

Fantasy Grounds v2.9 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

Please see the following post for a summary of changes in this release. Additionally, a more comprehensive list of patch notes is available here.

If for any reason you are unable to use v2.9, please immediately let me know via private message or the House of Healing forum.

NOTE: You should disable all extensions for 3.5E and 4E campaigns as the ruleset structure has changed dramatically since the last version, and the extension developers will most likely need to update their extensions to work correctly.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; July 9th, 2012 at 00:31.

Summary of changes in this release

• New and improved updater.
    • Players have full control over their map viewing, unless the GM chooses otherwise.
    • Multi-touch support
    • On-screen chat history can be copied to clipboard
    • [4E/3.5E] Party sheet
    • [4E/3.5E] Calendar and campaign log
    • [4E/3.5E] Updated interfaces for items, treasure parcels, NPCs and encounters
    • [4E/3.5E] Improved item identification
    • [4E/3.5E] Custom campaign tables
    • [4E/3.5E] Scrollbars
    • [4E/3.5E] Movable, resizable chat window. Use radial menu to unlock.
    • [4E/3.5E] Portrait selection moved to character sheet. GM accessible.
    • [4E/3.5E] Colored dice results, for special dice rolls (criticals, etc.)
    • [4E/3.5E] Critical status applied to damage rolls following critical attack result
    • [4E/3.5E] House rule option for fumble and critical hit tables
    • [4E/3.5E] Conditional effects
    • [4E] Common modifier keys on campaign modifier sheet
    • [4E] Automatic regeneration disable handling for energy damage
    • [3.5E] New NPC options (traps/haunts, vehicles, spells)
    • ...Many other minor changes, as well as 4E and 3.5E rulesets...
    • ...Lots of developer additions and changes...
    • ...And many bug fixes...

2.9 looks awesome so far

I'm running into some minor issues with the upgrade though, as I had/have the DrZuess 4E extensions installed.

Are elements of those extensions now integrated? (It looks like maybe.) For instance, the Party Sheet.

I imagine the recommendation is to remove all the DrZ extensions?

Great job on the update BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryll
    I'm running into some minor issues with the upgrade though, as I had/have the DrZuess 4E extensions installed.

Are elements of those extensions now integrated? (It looks like maybe.) For instance, the Party Sheet.

I imagine the recommendation is to remove all the DrZ extensions?

Great job on the update BTW.
    Really? It's the 5th item on the list of updates man... come on... read moons posts first
    But yea I would turn off DrZ's extensions and test things out, if you find something missing then turn only those ones on.

Nice update ... just in time for me to move all my D20 MSRD work across to 2.9.0 ...

Thanks for the update. Awesome job.
    Are you a Turtle?

Quote Originally Posted by unerwünscht
    Really? It's the 5th item on the list of updates man... come on... read moons posts first
    I wasn't being completely dense. From what I see, it indicates that there is now a party sheet. I did read that. It doesn't indicate that it is the same, may conflict with, replaces, or anything else about the party sheet I currently have installed (DrZ). I was just wondering, since the DrZ stuff seems popular, and some of the new stuff in FG looks like it might have originated from that same code. (I'm not up to date on the development people/details of FG.)

Right now, I've removed ALL the DrZ stuff, but it looks like at least some of it will need to be added back in to retain my previous functionality.

I know I wasn't too clear, sorry. Just a bit confused by the overlaps. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryll
    Right now, I've removed ALL the DrZ stuff, but it looks like at least some of it will need to be added back in to retain my previous functionality.
    You're right, some extensions (like "Enhanced Images") have not been incorporated into FG 2.9. It is anticipated that extensions written for previous versions might have issues running in FG 2.9 - if you encounter such issues it is a good idea to post in the thread specific to that extension so the extension developer can look at the issue for you.

However because of changes in 2.9 most extensions will not work, so you should not expect any extension to work until you test it.

Blog Entries
    Yes, please make sure you disable all current DrZ 4E extensions with v2.9. 90% of the extensions are now incorporated into the base 4E and 3.5E rulesets (say thanks to JPG):

• [4E/3.5E] Party sheet
    • [4E/3.5E] Calendar and campaign log
    • [4E/3.5E] Updated interfaces for items, treasure parcels, NPCs and encounters
    • [4E/3.5E] Custom campaign tables
    • [4E/3.5E] House rule option for fumble and critical hit tables

The remaining extensions are planned for update over the next week, including:

• [4E] Enhanced Images
    • [4E] Fortune Cards
    • [4E] Theme - Metal Pro

I'm also tweaking a new 4E extension which allows for PC<->NPC conversion, dubbed Tree of Life. Should be ready for testing in the next few days. Finally, if I can track down Tenian and get his permission, I'll also update the 4E Lore and Languages extensions.

Stay tuned.

DrZ.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    I'm also tweaking a new 4E extension which allows for PC<->NPC conversion, dubbed Tree of Life. Should be ready for testing in the next few days. Finally, if I can track down Tenian and get his permission, I'll also update the 4E Lore and Languages extensions.

Stay tuned.
    Is there any chance perhaps that you could also do something like this for 3.5e? It sounds essential.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information