5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    On my Mac, it just shows up on the bottom right corner. Note that if you are in Maximized mode already, you need to right-click in the FG desktop and choose Restore Window first.

Ok, so maybe I'm just having a moment but, how did you get the game added without purchasing the license on steam. I have a license and I have been staring at the steam store page for over an hour trying to figure out how to get the game without purchasing a new license through steam. I'm sure this is a case of "if a snake it would have bit me" but I'm really frustrated at this point. I have the demo on steam but have never gotten it to open.
    Last edited by Kero_Hawke; February 25th, 2016 at 17:06.

I'm not in front of my computer, but I believe there's an option to Activate a Key on Steam. Perhaps in the FG standard license details page.

Note: this will only work for keys migrated to Steam from our store, which happens every 4-6 weeks.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not in front of my computer, but I believe there's an option to Activate a Key on Steam. Perhaps in the FG standard license details page.

Note: this will only work for keys migrated to Steam from our store, which happens every 4-6 weeks.

Regards,
    JPG
    You can check this link for more information:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/

The last batch of keys covered all licenses bought outside of Steam through 2-14-2016.

Lol. Thank you for the link and the info about key migrations. Like I said, if it was a snake..... Guess I'll be waiting a bit since I just got my key yesterday. I may end up just running wineskin from my computer so I don't have to wait. Is there an announcement when keys are migrated or should I just give it a shot in a couple weeks if I decide to stick with steam?

Shel

Install the demo, then enter your key you got from Smiteworks in the settings dialog. Then when the next batch gets sent to Valve activate it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kero_Hawke View Post
    Lol. Thank you for the link and the info about key migrations. Like I said, if it was a snake..... Guess I'll be waiting a bit since I just got my key yesterday. I may end up just running wineskin from my computer so I don't have to wait. Is there an announcement when keys are migrated or should I just give it a shot in a couple weeks if I decide to stick with steam?

Shel
    It is likely to be a little while since it can be 2 months in between. If you just bought yesterday, we could do a refund of the purchase here so that you could pick it up on Steam instead. Let me know if that's the route you'd like to take at [email protected]

You can subscribe to that thread on Steam and should get a notice in Steam when it is updated next.

Blog Entries
    I think the Demo isn't launching for them.

This usually fixes the demo. The non-demo version doesn't seem to have this issue.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...6877319181567/

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    Has anyone had any luck running two instances of FG on a mac, either with a Wine installation or a Steam install? I keep getting "License Key Conflict"... If I run the same license using a Parallels installation then it works fine. I'd rather run it directly through Mac if possible and not involve Parallels... thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ll00ll00ll00ll View Post
    Has anyone had any luck running two instances of FG on a mac, either with a Wine installation or a Steam install? I keep getting "License Key Conflict"...
    When Joining game on the same computer use a server address of localhost this will avoid the license key conflict.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information