5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 13 First 123412 ... Last
    Many thanks DrZ, I now have FG up and running in a WineBottle in addition to Parallels where it's been running for a while now. I've found my data files and started the process of migrating a test campaign from Parallels. How does one copy over one's community rulesets? I use CT and can't get the WineBottled version of FG to see either that nor the foundations extension which it's based on.

Blog Entries
    Ruleset files should be placed in the FGII App Data/rulesets folder if the ruleset is unpacked. If packed (.pak file) they need to be placed in the FGII Program folder.

By default, in WineBottler, FGII will be installed inside the Applications/Fantasy Grounds II.app file. To access the contents of this file you need to right click and select Show Package Contents). In the new Finder window that will open you need to navigate to

Code:
    Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II/
    The FGII App Data folder will be created (by default) in

Code:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/<name of Wine prefix>/drive_c/users/<your user name>/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds II/
    Last edited by Zeus; June 28th, 2012 at 01:05.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

With the persistent rumors that Windows 10 was likely to be free, I had hoped that this would basically make Boot Camp the default option for anybody wanting to run any Windows-based software (like Fantasy Grounds) on a Mac.

Sadly, Windows 10 is only a free upgrade for existing Windows license-holders (so if you already run Windows in Boot Camp, you can upgrade that Windows OS to Windows 10 for no cost); Windows 10 Home can be picked up at a Best Buy or from Amazon for about $120 (if you have a MicroCenter or similar tech outlet in your area, you may be able to find an OEM version for $99). The Boot Camp software and drivers are free from Apple (because you already bought a Mac).

Boot Camp thus remains the priciest option for running Fantasy Grounds (if you've got a Mac that's was built in 2013 or later), but it's also the most solid option, IMO, since you're actually running Fantasy Grounds in Windows 'natively' rather than through an emulation layer or wrapper.

--
    Pauper

Hi. I have a mac now and am going to try the recommended wine method here.

My question before I do this is: "Has anything changed in the last 3+ years regarding running FG on a Mac?
    FG Ultimate License
    Noob 5e DM - Princes of the Apocalypse & The Lost Mine of Phandelver
    GMT -6 CST USA

Blog Entries
    You can now run it on Steam as a Mac user. If you already have a license key, you can activate a product there and install it.

I have steam installed and I am looking at the add a game screen.

do I choose activate a product? Add a non steam game? Where do I go to make this happen? I have my license handy. No installed FG though. Just steam.
    FG Ultimate License
    GMT -6 CST USA

ok I figured out how to get it running.

Now I just need to find where to copy my campaign from my windows machine over to this mac. Can anyone assist here? I am not very mac proficient and cannot seem to find the data directory that fantasy grounds wants to use. It looks to be buried somewhere inside whatever is happening to make this run in steam. How do I find that to copy my campaign over?
    FG Ultimate License
    GMT -6 CST USA

nevermind.

I figured that out but trying to get the screen to fit on the screen comfortably is worse than it is in windows.

This isn't going to work for me either.

Thanks for the assistance!
    FG Ultimate License
    GMT -6 CST USA

Blog Entries
    Maximize may not look proper; however, if you restore it to non-maximized view and simply drag the edge of the window, it should scale out properly.

that's what I assumed but I couldnt find any way to get a draggable edge or corner on the windows.
    FG Ultimate License
    GMT -6 CST USA

Thread Information