DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Any 2.9 testing?

Has anyone tested the C&C ruleset with the new 2.9 version of FG that is nearing the end of it's development cycle? With nobody minding the ruleset code, I worried about what's going to happen when MW throws the switch on the master FG version. ANyone have any news?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

I usually reserve a fast .1 release immediately after a main release specifically to address any issues that pop up like the ones you are potentially worried about. If you do get a chance and find anything, just let me know.

Also, the 2.9 updater can be configured to use your store login to automatically update products purchased through our web site. We plan to use this to allow us to more easily patch or update older rulesets.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Hi JPG,

I tried some basic testing tonight and it hasnt been pretty for poor old C&C.
    Initiative for Monsters did not auto-roll.
    Combat from the CK side worked - but players cannot attack monsters. Ive tried targetting and dropping on the tokens on the battle map - the dice just fades away. When dropping on Combat Tracker the dice disappears instantly.
    I can double click #ATK and it rolls in Chat Window and applies modifiers etc - but obviously doesnt target the monster.

I dont know what else to test - I dont really use too much else?
    I can do Siege Checks - what else is there in C&C we should be testing?

Damian

Going to keep the discussion in this thread, since the other thread is huge.

It appears that the items you are noting are actually enhancements made to the 3.5E/4E ruleset that have not been implemented in C&C. Both automatic initiative and targeting were additions I made to my original custom community ruleset (d20_JPG) that were incorporated into the built-in 3.5E and 4E rulesets.

Were these capabilities that were available in v2.8.1 that are now not working in v2.9? If so, can you walk me through the steps to recreate? Then, I can address any version specific issues before launch this week.

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks JPG for your interest!
    C&C is using extension v2.08.

These features worked in v2.8.1 with this extension (and at least the previous extension).

On CK side add one or more monsters to CT - they normally auto-roll iniative. No initiative is calculated.
    On Players side when clicking on Initiative it rolled and added to CT correctly.

On CK side I can drop Monster Attacks on CT or on Token and Combat Rolls are calculated and applied to the nominated target. This includes Hit/Miss Rolls as well as Damage rolls.

On Player side I can target an opponent but clicking Hit/Miss rolls just roll into Chat Window, with modifiers and description but no targetting. Same when dropping Hit/Miss rolls onto Tokens. When dropping on to CT the dice dissappear straight away (I dont know if this worked previously - cant remember trying it).
    Damage dice do the same - bonuses and descriptions and modifiers get applied but they dont targetted -
    eg Long Sword (Flank +1, Rage Attack +2) 12 + 11
    No Hit/Miss is calculated as it hasnt targetted anything.

Does that help?

Damian

Blog Entries
    drV - perhaps now would be a great time to do some quick testing yourself. I know you use a lot more features of the ruleset than I do?
    Perhaps you might also provide better or more detaled decriptions?
    I just opened up two instances on my computer and tested one at a time.

Damned: Sorry, my friend, I'm a bit out of commission for the next couple weeks: crushed my right thumb putting in metal fence posts - got a pin in it and an big awkward splint, so I'm rather computer-unfriendly right now (had to put my campaigns on hold through all of June). Are there any other C&C users who can try the ruleset with FG v.2.9?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    Ouch - sorry to hear that DrV.
    Doesnt look like there are too many active C&C campaigns/campaigners out there just now... Magnatude and Talysian look to be the last ones to post any other campaigns. I will hit them up right away.

Blog Entries
    JPG - I think I stuffed up with my bug report!
    I joined a dummy campaign and failed to set all the *Options* in the game setup.
    Went back in now and turned Dice Tower ON, Turned PC Drag and Drop Options ON...
    It actually seems to work properly. I will do further testing but as of right now - the bugs I reported have been identified as ID:10T errors.
    It was actually a Dice Tower reference over in the main thread that got me thinking...

Thread Information