DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question on functionality within Pathfinder 1E

I'm new to using FGC, but not new to running games as I've been a GM for over 20 years. Now, I like what I am seeing so far, but am confused as to am I doing someting wrong or is it just not working/broken/not implemented yet in FGC?

We are doing some mock combats to get used to the interface and have noticed that player spells like Mage Armor, Endure Elements, etc, don't seem to modify the character in any ways nor do they show up in the effects section of the combat tracker. I know they do in 5E, but is this an issue with PF 1E or is something else going on?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

ChipDancer

Spells are not preconfigured, either read up on documentation or use this module:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...FRPG-Spellbook
    You might wanna browse this subforum for various extensions and prefilled modules, as they handle unhandled stuff such as counting AoO's, encumbrance/armor penalties, graphic display of saves, parsing monsters copied from aon etc.

Corun,

Thank you so very much for pointing out that module! What I don't understand is why isn't this functionality in the actual $$$ books I purchased for use in FGC??? It's almost as if it's the community supporting their product and while that is great on one hand, it's shitty for someone who just shelved nearly $400 on an ultimate license and a bunch of books during the last sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDancer View Post
    Corun,

Thank you so very much for pointing out that module! What I don't understand is why isn't this functionality in the actual $$$ books I purchased for use in FGC??? It's almost as if it's the community supporting their product and while that is great on one hand, it's shitty for someone who just shelved nearly $400 on an ultimate license and a bunch of books during the last sale.
    3.5E ruleset (and therefore Pathfinder) are pretty old compared to 5e.
    The spells don't usually contain effects but the effects are parsed from the description when they're added to the actions tab. In 5e this parsing is pretty complete, in 3.5 not so much which is why the community module is adding pre-defined effects.

Thread Information