DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[Bug][pf1e] Ability INCREASES not applying correctly

SO,

building a transmutor

either herolab is wrong (a possibility)... or my application in FG is wrong..

notice the effects:

DEX: 1 (custom effect)

1.PNG

notice the DEX score (17, ergo bonus +3)

notice the roll.... (+3)

it should be +4 as DEX is now 'increased' to 18.

4.PNG

am I doing something wrong, or is this as intended?
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; August 25th, 2020 at 12:31.

Temporary increases to abilities in Pathfinder 1e only apply in steps of 2 - each step of 2 giving a +1 (or -1 if a penalty). They don't actually change the base ability score, but change the bonus. This is as per the PF rules - see here: https://www.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?Na...al%20Abilities
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

true, but permanent bonuses, do...

which is what I was trying to apply... (transmutor bonus)

it's quite likely my fault, perhaps I'm doing it wrong and should modify the actual score in that case..?

I wrote with Zygmunt on Discord, the usage case was the physical enhancement of the transmutation school. It is indeed like Trenloe writes, but, moreover (in PF1), when the bonus lasts longer than a day, then it indeed affects the direct ability score (it counts then as permanent bonus)

So, for the temp. bonusses one should use the effects, while the permanent ones should be entered into the PC sheet directly

As Kelrugem says - permanent bonuses should be added direct to the character sheet. Effects are for more transient changes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

then people (myself included) might need to pay attention if they apply effects via items, (headband of alluring charisma), to affect the character sheet score directly, rather than using an effect or effect extension?

items are permanent bonuses....

the problem is, there's no way of checking for stacking with this method...

editing the character sheet directly invites issues of stacking (incorrectly) with TYPE
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; August 25th, 2020 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As Kelrugem says - permanent bonuses should be added direct to the character sheet. Effects are for more transient changes.
    Funnily, I finally I understand why PF people were always correcting me when I said that I prefer to handle permanent item bonusses as effects (due to that stacking is automatically handled for effects while bonusses in the sheet are mostly untyped such that one needs to care manually about stacking with respect to these) I did not know that PF1 has such different rules for ability bonusses (in 3.5e every ability bonus is a bonus to the score, such that one can handle item effects as effects in FG with the advantage that the stacking with respect to all permanent and temporary effects are handled automatically then)

I have an extension to implement permanent bonuses and ability drain (without overwriting the base ability score) that facilitates drain and permanent ability bonuses:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...manent-Bonuses
    Last edited by bmos; September 1st, 2020 at 02:03.

Thread Information