DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Modifiers and Effects

I have noted that there is a very comprehensive list of modifiers in the Savage Worlds ruleset which is all nicely available when clicking on the Modifiers tab. However these are only available to the DM, and whether or not the little eye icon against each line is lit or not they never appear on the player's list. However if I create a new modifier it is available to the players and can be switched off and on. Is this expected behavior? If so why are modifiers only available to the DM?

There is also a nice selection of effects built in. However I can't work out what the two rows between the eye and the number of rounds the effect lasts. One seems to be blank but there is actually a very faint cross which can be toggled on or off and the other is a lightening symbol which can also be toggled on or off. However I don't see that either of these toggles actually do anything. Can anyone elucidate?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I have noted that there is a very comprehensive list of modifiers in the Savage Worlds ruleset which is all nicely available when clicking on the Modifiers tab. However these are only available to the DM, and whether or not the little eye icon against each line is lit or not they never appear on the player's list. However if I create a new modifier it is available to the players and can be switched off and on. Is this expected behavior? If so why are modifiers only available to the DM?

There is also a nice selection of effects built in. However I can't work out what the two rows between the eye and the number of rounds the effect lasts. One seems to be blank but there is actually a very faint cross which can be toggled on or off and the other is a lightening symbol which can also be toggled on or off. However I don't see that either of these toggles actually do anything. Can anyone elucidate?
    Deluxe PG Modifiers should be available to players as well, so it seems to be issue
    The first icon is used to state if effect is maintainable or not. In case of maintenable the effect is not removed directly when duration expires, instead host has option to increase the duration.
    The second icon is used to determine if effect is power ie. It has caster and the duration is reduced on casters turn.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Ah, thanks Ikael. I didn't think about spells since I'm running a modern campaign and so haven't even read the rules for powers.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information