DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

V2.9 issues with older extensions

Please use this thread to post details of issues you many encounter when running extensions made for older versions of FG with V2.9 beta or release. This will keep the V2.9 threads clear of details regarding 3.5E/PF specific extensions not written by Smiteworks.

Please post extension and version being used and details of problem - the more information the better.

Only two extentions i am current using are the 3.5 enahance image and pf language. On the enhance image I could not scroll the image around.

Quote Originally Posted by spacce1889
    On the enhance image I could not scroll the image around.
    The scroll button doesn't appear - neither do the "X" close buttons on windows. This will be a case of updating some of the files in the extension - shouldn' t take too long, I'll look at it sometime soon (towards the end of 2.9 beta testing).

Killing at minus con
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=15917
    throws the following error:
    As DM opening skills tab on the party sheet for the first time I get.
    Script Error: [string "ps_skills:skilldropdown"]:1: attempt to call field 'getPSSkillList' (a nil value)
    The skill check drop down doesn't populated with skills after that.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

I get "Ruleset Error": No vertical anchor defined for 'tabs'" in the 3.5e theme that I use.

Also getting weird behavior with the tabs - see attached screenshot. For example, frames/windows with the horizontal tabs (items/NPCs) look odd when expanded to the right.

This is how I have the tabs defined in the theme - what did I screw up?
    Code:
    	<framedef name="tabs">
    		<bitmap file="graphics/frames/tabs.png" />
    		<topleft rect="0,0,18,13" />
    		<left rect="0,13,18,455" />
    		<bottomleft rect="0,468,18,24" />
    	</framedef>
    Last edited by bnason; May 30th, 2012 at 03:37.

Quote Originally Posted by bnason
    I get "Ruleset Error": No vertical anchor defined for 'tabs'" in the 3.5e theme that I use.

Also getting weird behavior with the tabs - see attached screenshot. For example, frames/windows with the horizontal tabs (items/NPCs) look odd when expanded to the right.

This is how I have the tabs defined in the theme - what did I screw up?
    Code:
    	<framedef name="tabs">
    		<bitmap file="graphics/frames/tabs.png" />
    		<topleft rect="0,0,18,13" />
    		<left rect="0,13,18,455" />
    		<bottomleft rect="0,468,18,24" />
    	</framedef>
    As Moon_Wizard has mentioned in your thread "Making tabs resize in 2.9?" https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16607 you're best taking a 3.5 theme extension (dungeon for example) and working with that. Have you done that for this post or are you still trying to make a 4E based theme work with 3.5E?

The reason we say this is that if you look at the 4E and 3.5E rulesets they use quite different directories, scripts and xml definition files within the ruleset itself. Therefore trying to take a 4E theme and run it in 3.5E is going to require a lot more changes (and potential issues) than taking a 3.5E extension, making changes and running it in 3.5E - it's compatible to start with!

P.S. I don't mean to be a "thread nazi", but this thread is meant to track problems with existing 3.5E extensions written for older versions of FG in the new V2.9 FG - I'd really like to keep it that way so developers of those extensions can track issues and upgrade their extensions.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 30th, 2012 at 14:08.

For those that didn't see v2.9 is now live.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Blog Entries
    There seems to be an issue with the language extension. Seems like when a player doesn't have the extension on their machine it doesn't work properly and gives an error about the fonts not being available. Since this is a host side item this is a bit strange. I've seen it in 2 different games now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    There seems to be an issue with the language extension. Seems like when a player doesn't have the extension on their machine it doesn't work properly and gives an error about the fonts not being available. Since this is a host side item this is a bit strange. I've seen it in 2 different games now.
    I've just checked and the fonts are being referenced in the extension XML by the extension based path (not a computer specific path) - so not sure why this would be the case.

Was it for any specific languages?

I too had an issue with the language extension. I believe I was attempting to use Dwarven. I don't have the exact error but it sounds like the same issue listed above.

Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr?feature=guide

Thread Information