DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I see you are trying to do RMSS numbers with RMC. There are several things where you will run into issue as the number formulas do not match up.

I would suggest using the RMFRP module, as it is much closer akin to RMSS then RMC.

Thanks,

I'll have a look over my numbers again. I'm planning to play using RMC so I'll root out my copy of RM2 from the attic
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Just looking at table 05-05 (resistance roll table) in RMC and I don't see any difference in values between it and table T-3.4 in RMFRP, so I shouldn't run into trouble with my values.

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    Just looking at table 05-05 (resistance roll table) in RMC and I don't see any difference in values between it and table T-3.4 in RMFRP, so I shouldn't run into trouble with my values.
    Yes, I think that table is the same between the 2 systems. I think the difference Ardem was referring to is how stat bonuses, resistances and skills are handled in RMSS/RMFRP compared to RMC.

Ah, okay. I think I'll probably run a RMC campaign with fantasy grounds for now to keep things simple.

Blog Entries
    One thing to look at is all the "optional rules" in RMC... IMO they are mostly the standard rules included with RMSS or RMFRP, so in many respects you can still run the kind of game you want.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    One thing to look at is all the "optional rules" in RMC... IMO they are mostly the standard rules included with RMSS or RMFRP, so in many respects you can still run the kind of game you want.
    Thanks John,

I do like alot of the optional rules as it happens. Is there any other pitfalls I should be aware of coming from a RMSS background? (I played RM2 for about 3 years but was very young and skimmed most of the rules)

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    Is there any other pitfalls I should be aware of coming from a RMSS background? (I played RM2 for about 3 years but was very young and skimmed most of the rules)
    One confusion I've seen with players coming from RMSS/FRP is in the tactical action sequence. RMC introduced a new way of handling it which is slightly different than RMSS/FRP and quite different from RM2. FG does not automate the different phases, using instead D&D's initiative single ordering.

So, you'll have to decide how to handle the tactical sequencing; anything other than FG's current method will require some admin on the GM side.

There are many background code formulas if you put in the FRP/SS stats, these will not pump out the correct details.

For example initiative. NPC's in the combat have initiatives that go up by 5's, so if you use FRP stats by modify like minus in the special etc. Then when you roll for initiative all NPC will be a lot faster then PC's

My suggestion is use either play RMC or FRP module do not mix for RMSS/FRP, you will get numbers that are similar but not the same and you will not really know why certain events like the NPC's seem more vulnerable.

The formulas are enough to make a difference, but not enough to go WOW this is so wrong.

As for tactical sequences, I tend to just move the player turn marker manually, for those deliberate actions, since quick actions are not combat related in most cases, I do not need to do the marker. However as a GM you need to be on top of you game here. But the player tend to let you know when you have missed them <smile>
    Last edited by Ardem; July 3rd, 2012 at 01:44.

Thanks for this Lachancery! (and again for the demo during the FGcon)

I'll be following this once I've bought FG Full License and the RMC ruleset.
    (Just waiting on others to decide so we can get a bundle)

Was the layout of it a Word template? It's nice and clean and easy to read. I only ask because I have a PDF that has the exact same styling from someone else... unless I know you from a different forum under a different name?

Thread Information