Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I would suggest structuring this like the group design in the Magic Schools section of Inner Sea Magic. (The structure is for any kind of organization.) This would include Entrance Fee, Entrance Exam skill check, Tuition/Dues, Associated Skills, Semester/Membership Term, and Expulsion fields as well as a bullet list for boons and awards. The skills could even possibly have buttons that would roll the skill for the selected character.
    That's pretty specific to Pathfinder, and may not be useful in keeping the extension usable across multiple rule sets.
    On the other hand, if a Pathfinder-specific extension is desired, I'd probably advocate for something like the NPC sheets, where choosing the type (NPC or Trap/Haunt) makes specific combinations of fields available. The schools are an adjunct to the Factions of the Faction Guide, and the fields are different.

Affiliations in 3.5 were different enough that I am not sure one extension could serve both Affiliations and Factions without having several unused fields depending upon whether you were using Affiliations or Factions. A few fields would be generic enough to be common, of course.

Blog Entries
    It looks like the scrollbar problem in Town.ext wants something like this.
    Code:
    <scrollbar_list>
    		<scrollbar>
    			<anchored to="list" position="right" offset="-5,-5" />
    			<target>list</target>
    		</scrollbar>
    </scrollbar_list>
    You might not even need the <scrollbar_list> part... I'm not sure what this does for you.

EDIT: That wasn't quite right.. but I've fixed the problems with the extension. I'll post it up in a bit.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; January 25th, 2014 at 05:14.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    Updated the Town.ext to deal with some minor glitches.

I really think that if the developer of an extension is still active that updates should be fed back through them for them to update the extension.

I'm not taking anything away from your debugging and work to present an updated extension Blackfoot, but it could get confusing very quickly if different people are releasing different versions of the same extension.

Might I suggest that if anyone finds fixes to issues with an extension that they PM the extension developer with the info so that they can combine the fixes into the most recent version of the extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I actually fixed a ton of stuff in the extension... a lot of little number changes to move the graphics into proper positions and things like that. I also added a 'close button'. A good bit of general simplification of the anchoring code.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I actually fixed a ton of stuff in the extension... a lot of little number changes to move the graphics into proper positions and things like that. I also added a 'close button'. A good bit of general simplification of the anchoring code.
    That's great work. :-)

Fixing lots of stuff is even more reason to communicate what you have done to the main developer and allow them to incorporate the changes into any future version. They may already be working on the next release...

The last thing we want is confusion over who is developing this extension or which version to use.

Also, I see it as a courtesy to the developer to let them maintain their own code... If you weren't aware bradmcadam has passed development and maintenance of his code onto brochr.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I actually hadn't intended to fix it at all, just find the solution for the scrollbar problem.. but while I was in there I just kept finding little broken things and it snowballed.
    Unfortunately the details of what exactly I fixed and where.. well.. umm.. yeah.. that's not exactly clear. I did 'mostly' fix the font issue too by replacing most the fonts with other fonts that are found in CoreRPG.

So who is actually maintaining this now? It's great work from everyone involved!

Yes, great work. Unfortunately the shop extension doesn't seem to work well with the 4E rule set. When I drag and drop something from one of the books in the library, the price and description isn't transfered over to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    So who is actually maintaining this now? It's great work from everyone involved!
    brochr is now maintaining these extensions, with permission from the original developer bradmcadam.

Thread Information