STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Paging Brad - I have sent you a PM about the extension. Just in case you didn't see it, can you message me.

Thanks

Toph

I tried to add this extension on a just started project but I could not. And when I try to use the extension in a new one I get the message below:

Ruleset Error: window: Control(filter) anchoring to an undefined control (rightanchor) in windowclass (townlist)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(filter) anchoring to an undefined control (rightanchor) in windowclass (townlist)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/campaign_list.lua"]:11: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I'm using the 1.6 version with the last updated FG (Pathfinder V3.0.1).

Could you please help me?
    Last edited by flaviodupim; December 31st, 2013 at 21:12.

I would imagine this extension (and others developed for FG 2) will need to be updated by the developer (or someone else) to work with FG 3.0.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've been waiting to see if anyone was still working on this that would update it.... *watches from afar*
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

hi Folks

I had a look at the extension code before the holidays to see if I could make it work with FG 3. The main issue is that the extension does not play nicely with the more standardised template structure in FG3. I have been trying to get my head around how windows are handled and understand the logic, but cannot get windows to appear. If someone has some sample code that can make a blank form appear I can probably take it from there.

I have made a bunch of extensions to this extension in 2.9 which I want to bring into 3.0 once I can get the windowing working. These include affiliations (eg. guilds & clans etc), locations (temples, shops, taverns)..stuff that makes a free flowing campaign a bit easier to manage

All the best

Toph

Quote Originally Posted by brochr View Post
    I had a look at the extension code before the holidays to see if I could make it work with FG 3. The main issue is that the extension does not play nicely with the more standardised template structure in FG3. I have been trying to get my head around how windows are handled and understand the logic, but cannot get windows to appear. If someone has some sample code that can make a blank form appear I can probably take it from there.
    The main thing to look at is the window classes being used (to see if they are valid) and the frame for the window. For example, the shop extension does not work in 3.0 because the "shoplist" class has a <frame> of "scrollboxfortabs" which does not exist in CoreRPG - use a frame of "campaignlistwithtabs".

Additionally, open the console window to see warnings - type /console in the chat window. This will help to identify items that are not recognised or have changed in FG 3.0.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 6th, 2014 at 09:12.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Town & Shops extensions updated for FG 3.0

Hi Folks

A BIG thank you to Trenloe for doing a quick update for the Shop Database to make in compatible with FG3.0 and to work with the CORERPG engine. I have polished it up a little to make the look and feel closer to FG 3.0

We have tested it with CORERPG, Pathfinder and 3.5E and the same version works for all. It should also work with other rulesets without modification.

I have also updated the Town database in the same way and it should also be compatible with most rulesets.

Apart from the code updates, the file naming is now further simplified as there is no need for different branches for the D&D and Pathfinder rulesets.

With Brad's agreement I will be doing some further work based on these extensions and I am interested in comments on the following developments I have done.

Places Database:

This extends the "shop" idea to cover all kinds of locations - temples, taverns, hideouts, castles etc. My current code has five tabs:

- Main: fields: place type, alignment, deity, clientele, GM notes
    - Notes: free form descriptive text
    - NPCs: links to NPC & Groups associated with the place
    - Story: links to Story entries associated with the place
    - Inventory: inventory items available at the place, the prices and links to library item records

Groups Database:

This adds a way to keep track of groups or affiliations in game, like clans, tribes, religious organisations, secret societies etc. It allows you to add NPCs and keep track of their relationship (e.g. member, enemy, friend etc)

My current code has five tabs:

- Main: fields: type, alignment, scale, GM notes
    - NPCs: links to NPC associated with the group and their role
    - Story: links to Story entries associated with the group

Please feel free to comment or suggest additional fields. I will release a beta in about a week or so.

I will also update the Town database to link to these databases once any bugs from the conversion have been dealt with.

All the best

Toph

Quote Originally Posted by brochr View Post
    Groups Database:

This adds a way to keep track of groups or affiliations in game, like clans, tribes, religious organisations, secret societies etc. It allows you to add NPCs and keep track of their relationship (e.g. member, enemy, friend etc)

My current code has five tabs:

- Main: fields: type, alignment, scale, GM notes
    - NPCs: links to NPC associated with the group and their role
    - Story: links to Story entries associated with the group

Please feel free to comment or suggest additional fields. I will release a beta in about a week or so.
    I would suggest structuring this like the group design in the Magic Schools section of Inner Sea Magic. (The structure is for any kind of organization.) This would include Entrance Fee, Entrance Exam skill check, Tuition/Dues, Associated Skills, Semester/Membership Term, and Expulsion fields as well as a bullet list for boons and awards. The skills could even possibly have buttons that would roll the skill for the selected character.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    These look pretty nifty. I am testing them out in my Custom CoreRPG ruleset and they seem to work just fine.. but maybe the graphics are tweaked a little bit... not sure if it's a problem with the extension or with compatibility with my ruleset... I'll do more testing to see.
    The scrolling on the first page of the 'Town' extension goes out of the top of the box, the scroll bar gets lost under the tabs at the right, and the spacing on the 'Shops' tab seems to be double spaced.
    Also there is no 'close' box on the Town sheet.
    Clicking out of a box does not remove the focus.
    It would also be nice to pick up the 'lock' code from 3.0 and hide empty fields when locked.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; January 23rd, 2014 at 17:19.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    These look pretty nifty. I am testing them out in my Custom CoreRPG ruleset and they seem to work just fine.. but maybe the graphics are tweaked a little bit... not sure if it's a problem with the extension or with compatibility with my ruleset... I'll do more testing to see.
    The golden rule for any extension written for CoreRPG, but running in another ruleset layered on top of CoreRPG, where issues are seen is to test it in a purely CoreRPG campaign to see if the issues occur in CoreRPG itself.

Thread Information