Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... Last

Test Release v2.9 (beta)

As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

This is a big release with a huge grab bag of features and bug fixes. So many that I had to bump the version number.

Remember, this is an beta release, so you should expect hiccups. Also, it has only been tested to date using the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, so any coverage checking with other rulesets is appreciated.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Also, once you update to this version, you can manage your update settings (test mode, directories, license key) directly via the updater.

Finally, the updater can now accept your web site login to automatically update ruleset/extension purchases. However, I have only configured the updater for Savage Worlds ruleset and the Deadlands GM/Player packages.

NOTE: To return to v2.8.1, you have to run the new FG updater, choose Settings, and select the "Release" mode setting. The TestModeManager will not allow you to change back.

NOTE 2: This test version is available for Unregistered versions, but you will need to have the machine with the unregistered version download the web installer, change the Settings to Test mode, and run the update.

NOTE 3: The current character importer for DDI to 4E does not work with this version of FG. An updated character converter is located in the FG2 data folder under the utilities subdirectory after the update. The converter version number should be 2.9.0.x.

Thanks,
    JPG

Please see the patch notes in the FG directory after updating for a complete list of changes. There are many, many smaller changes as well as lots of developer goodness.

v2.9 Change Summary

• New and improved updater. Use your site login to keep ruleset/extension purchases updated.
    • Multi-touch support
    • On-screen chat history can be copied to clipboard
    • [4E/3.5E] Party sheet
    • [4E/3.5E] Updated interfaces for items, treasure parcels, NPCs and encounters
    • [4E/3.5E] Improved item identification
    • [4E/3.5E] Custom campaign tables
    • [4E/3.5E] Scrollbars
    • [4E/3.5E] Movable, resizable chat window. Use radial menu to unlock.
    • [4E/3.5E] Portrait selection moved to character sheet. GM accessible.
    • [4E/3.5E] Colored dice results, for special dice rolls (criticals, etc.)
    • [4E/3.5E] Critical status applied to damage rolls following critical attack result
    • [4E/3.5E] House rule option for fumble and critical hit tables
    • [4E/3.5E] Conditional effects
    • [4E] Common modifier keys on campaign modifier sheet
    • [4E] Automatic regeneration disable handling for energy damage
    • [3.5E] New NPC options (traps/haunts, vehicles, spells)
    • ...Lots of developer additions and changes...
    • ...Many other minor changes for client, as well as 4E and 3.5E rulesets...
    • ...And many bug fixes...

JPG

When mousing over selectable text-fields, they all go to the "selected" background color which dissapears if you click to edit the field.

(Affects the Ars Magica character-sheet will post again if I see it affecting anything else, but I think it is a windowlist problem since it has never appeared before and I have changed no code since the 2.8 release.)

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Some things I noticed with 2.9 Beta. Pathfinder Mode.

Party Sheet...
    Main Page - Everything seems to work.
    Skills - Not sure what the Knowledge skills need to be defined as. (Local), Local, :Local ? they don't seem to populate - Endurance needs to go away - maybe add Survival and Heal? Drop down has Endurance also!
    Inventory - Parcel Items have no description/name, no info is transferred.
    Log - This is going to be so nice. Not sure what the left hand column is for? - I can set the year and age but it seems that the only to advance the day is to mouse scroll the time(this makes it hard to advance the game by days or weeks, could we get a button to advance it at least a day at a time?) The add log entry button only works once for me. It goes away as soon as I create an entry and will not come back?
    XP - Love this! But, encounters do not populate from a dropped link. They can not be edited after they are added?

Character Sheet - Skills - Still can not delete the sub skills once they are added.
    Story, Images, NPC'S, Items - After adding a new category tab I seem to have trouble selecting the new tab.

Got this:Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/campaign_image.lua"]:43: attempt to call global 'getClosestSnapPoint' (a nil value) - when dragging the friendly icon out of the combat tracker to a blank image with a grid.(snap on or off)

Items
    - The description text field does not scroll as you type, as you get down so far it starts to.(Like the description page for NPC'S and such)

............I AM SO EXCITED TO USE 2.9............

Thanks for all the hard work! You F****n Rock

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

*squee* I love FG so much!

So fiddling around there are some small things I am noticing in my pathfinder campaign.

1. Your forum cannot seem to handle making lists.
    2. Party Sheet (Skills) - 3.5 and PF do not have an endurance skill, unsure where this came from.
    3. Party Sheet (Inventory) - Lots of unidentified items. Refreshing halves their number but I am unclear on what does and does not constitute an 'unidentified item' since some custom items make it while others do not.
    4. Party Sheet (Order) - As a laptop user I have no idea how to re-size tokens without re-sizing the map, zooming out locking the token scale and zooming back in. Could there be a little +/- for them?
    5. Party Sheet (Logs) - Cannot change the time or the day. Changing adds a new log entry, but old log entries disappear rather than saving and appearing on left (I presume that's what that area is for)
    6. Party Sheet (XP) - Encounters dragged and dropped into the encounter area lose their links.
    7. Party Sheet (XP) - Creating a new quest and clicking on its link reveals 4E textures.
    8. Tables - Creating a new table reveals 4E textures
    9. Chat window is not re-sizable.
    10. Items (Parcels) - New parcels have 4E textures
    11. The calendars and critical table modules have 4E textures.

Things I love:
    1. Scroll bars. I love scroll bars.
    2. Having party information all in once place. I love you forever for this.

Not sure if this is a bug or i am not doing something right but when doing a skill check or save from party sheet it tells me success or fail but not who is who. be nice to have another column that showed who succeded and who fail at a glance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madman
    Some things I noticed with 2.9 Beta. Pathfinder Mode.

Log - This is going to be so nice. Not sure what the left hand column is for? - I can set the year and age but it seems that the only to advance the day is to mouse scroll the time(this makes it hard to advance the game by days or weeks, could we get a button to advance it at least a day at a time?) The add log entry button only works once for me. It goes away as soon as I create an entry and will not come back?
    Chris - The lefthand side of the Log tab (in the PartySheet) hosts a Calendar control, the right side hosts the log detail pages. To enable the left side you have to drag/drop a Calendar Table (defining the Calendar system) on to the left side of the window. The PartySheet will then dynamically build you a nice Calendar view of all the periods of the Calendar. You can then navigate through your log entries using the calendar controls.

For 4E, I included some sample Calendars in 4E Table format for the Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms and Eberron campaign worlds and bundled them alongside the original extension as a module. You should be able to use the same format to define alternative Calendar systems including Gregorian. Alternatively if you crack open my 4E Calendars module and edit the ruleset tag to read 3.5E, you should then be able to use them with 3.5E/Pathfinder.

DrZ.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAlchemist
    *squee* I love FG so much!

So fiddling around there are some small things I am noticing in my pathfinder campaign.

1. Your forum cannot seem to handle making lists.
    It can. The Tags are:

OSB = Open Square Bracket
    CSB = Close Square Bracket

OSB LIST CSB
    OSB * CSB 1st list line
    OSB * CSB 2nd list line
    OSB /LIST CSB

2. Party Sheet (Skills) - 3.5 and PF do not have an endurance skill, unsure where this came from.
    The PS was originally developed for 4E as an extension by me and then later integrated into the core 4E ruleset and ported to 3.5E/Pathfinder by JPG. This is its first integrated release. As JPG is striving to baseline a lot of the core code for the D&D rulesets its inevitable small bugs like this will creep through in the initial test releases.

3. Party Sheet (Inventory) - Lots of unidentified items. Refreshing halves their number but I am unclear on what does and does not constitute an 'unidentified item' since some custom items make it while others do not.
    Do you mean Lots of unidentified items listed in the top right Parcel Items window list? I see this too but you can simply right-click the radial menu and select delete all entries. You can then drag/drop new Items into Parcels Items to create new entries - one thing to note is that at present the Name of the item doesn't get copied across (bug) - so you have to manually edit at the moment.

As for the Party Inventory window list - clicking the refresh icon should force the PS to scan through all the current Party member character sheet inventories, as long as the items on the PC's char sheets are 'Identified' then the items should be listed in the window list for all party members.

5. Party Sheet (Logs) - Cannot change the time or the day. Changing adds a new log entry, but old log entries disappear rather than saving and appearing on left (I presume that's what that area is for)
    • You can navigate through dates in the log, using the calendar control on the left side, simply left click the day numbers in the month windows.
    • You can change the current date by double clicking a day
    • You can change the time by scrolling your mouse wheel over the hour and minutes controls at the bottom of the page.
    • You can send a date or timestamp to the chat window using the speech bubble controls at the bottom of the page.
    • When you Add a Log Entry and enter text, the left hand calendar control will update marking the day with an underline (designating an entry in the log).
    • Current day will be highlighted in Red in the Calendar.

6. Party Sheet (XP) - Encounters dragged and dropped into the encounter area lose their links.
    I don't see this in the 4E version, maybe a bug with the 3.5E/Pathfinder.

Last edited by Zeus; April 29th, 2012 at 10:26.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spacce1889
    Not sure if this is a bug or i am not doing something right but when doing a skill check or save from party sheet it tells me success or fail but not who is who. be nice to have another column that showed who succeded and who fail at a glance.

Make sure the Game Option Chat: Show Roll Actor is set to PC or All.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

There is also a forum button for list, and rather than formatting everything it pops up a bunch of windows. Filling out those windows overwrites every previous entry. Hitting cancel only gives OEB /LIST CEB. Maybe it works in something other than Chrome.

Filling out the Damage Reduction field does not seem to actually give the character DR. I have tried the following syntaxes, removing and re-adding them to the combat tracker after each trial:

DR: 7
    DR 7
    (DR: 7)
    DR 7;
    DR: 7;

Thread Information