DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Screen artifcats appearing?

I'm sure I've seen posts or heard lachancery mention it during a game, mentioning weird screen corruption/artifacts when using the RMC ruleset? I've never seen it before from my side (but I don't GM it).

There's a mention of it appearing here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...86&postcount=8

It suggests it's related to the "ring bell" on the combat tracker.

Lachancery - when we played last week with Dakadin's modification to the ring bell (only on the active player's turn) can you remember if you saw any screen corruption?

Strange that it might be related to ring bell - but it could well be due to a directX audio/video issue. After all, this is one of the only times that FG does any audio...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    I'm sure I've seen posts or heard lachancery mention it during a game, mentioning weird screen corruption/artifacts when using the RMC ruleset? I've never seen it before from my side (but I don't GM it).

There's a mention of it appearing here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...86&postcount=8

It suggests it's related to the "ring bell" on the combat tracker.

Lachancery - when we played last week with Dakadin's modification to the ring bell (only on the active player's turn) can you remember if you saw any screen corruption?

Strange that it might be related to ring bell - but it could well be due to a directX audio/video issue. After all, this is one of the only times that FG does any audio...
    I definitely saw it on the player side during the battle in the keep, but I don't remember seeing anything last week.
    Actually.. during the game 2 weeks ago was the first time and only time I've seen it.

When I was doing my testing of the ruleset a few weeks back, I saw the screen artifacts, but I was running without any clients connected - just the GM only. Thus, I believe , no chime was occurring at any point.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    I definitely saw it on the player side during the battle in the keep, but I don't remember seeing anything last week.
    Actually.. during the game 2 weeks ago was the first time and only time I've seen it.
    That was a session which was completely combat tracker based, right? 30-odd turns I seem to remember, with a "bing" ringbell each player turn on each computer.

IF (of course) the ringbell is causing the issue...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture
    When I was doing my testing of the ruleset a few weeks back, I saw the screen artifacts, but I was running without any clients connected - just the GM only. Thus, I believe , no chime was occurring at any point.
    Oh well - the bell might not be it then... Unless there are 2 causes - one on the GM side and one on the player side.

Were you running the combat tracker? Stepping through NPC entries?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    That was a session which was completely combat tracker based, right? 30-odd turns I seem to remember, with a "bing" ringbell each player turn on each computer.

IF (of course) the ringbell is causing the issue...
    That's right. Definitely a tracker heavy session.

Yeah, all I did was open a new session and run a combat between 4 characters and about 8 orcs - nothing else. Combat is where I always run into my Rolemaster problems.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    Interesting... sounds like it is getting narrowed down.

Yeah, all I did was open a new session and run a combat between 4 characters and about 8 orcs - nothing else. Combat is where I always run into my Rolemaster problems.
    OK, if you had PCs in the combat tracker, the ringbell code would still get executed:

Code:
      if state and getType() == "pc" then
        -- Turn notification
        local msg = {};
        msg.text = getName();
        msg.font = "narratorfont";
        msg.icon = "indicator_flag";

ChatManager.deliverMessage(msg);

local usernode = link.getTargetDatabaseNode()
        if usernode then
          User.ringBell(usernode.getName());
        end
      end

Thread Information