DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: FG v2.9

FG v2.9

I was just curious if anyone has tested the RMC ruleset using FG v2.9 yet. I should be able to in about a week or so but wanted to know if anyone experienced any issues so I can try to track them down once I test it.

No I have not tested it, I gone through a slump in doing much with FG at the moment, but I spent a day yesterday working on my RP World.

I did some quick tests earlier today and noticed 2 issues so far.

The first one is pretty major. When opening the Combat Tracker, Fantasy Grounds closes with an error. I am going to try to isolate the error and see if I can fix it.

The second one gives a console error when opening a spell list. It doesn't prevent the spell list from opening. It just opens the console with this error:

Code:
    Script Error: [string "spelllist:spelllist"]:1: createWindow: Unable to create window

I tracked this down as far as I could and posted a message in The Laboratory, Test Release v2.9 (alpha) forum. I think I was able to track it down to where the error occurred which will hopefully help JPG to resolve it without to much effort.

I just did some testing of the memory limits in FG v2.9 and I think 2.9 is going to make a big difference. I am running Windows 7 64 bit with 4 GB of RAM. I was able to get the commit size for FG to 3,948,940 K. My machine was moving slow by that point but it was running pretty good until around 3.2 GB when it started paging to the hard drive. I've attached a screenshot. By comparison, FG crashes at just over 1.8 GB with the current version of FG. With 2.9, it never crashed for me. It just stopped displaying the contents of the image files once I got around the 3.9 GB limit. This is great news for the RMC ruleset. I know it will solve my problems.

I've attached a screenshot.

Blog Entries
    Well... this will be a big step forward.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    I just did some testing of the memory limits in FG v2.9 and I think 2.9 is going to make a big difference. I am running Windows 7 64 bit with 4 GB of RAM. I was able to get the commit size for FG to 3,948,940 K. My machine was moving slow by that point but it was running pretty good until around 3.2 GB when it started paging to the hard drive. I've attached a screenshot. By comparison, FG crashes at just over 1.8 GB with the current version of FG. With 2.9, it never crashed for me. It just stopped displaying the contents of the image files once I got around the 3.9 GB limit. This is great news for the RMC ruleset. I know it will solve my problems.

I've attached a screenshot.
    Cool! Get some more memory and you'll be flying!

Actually, I think I will be fine since FG will have access to an extra GB before it starts to impact me. I am also using an SSD so the slowdowns aren't nearly as bad.

I'm not running anything in RM, so am not inclined to swap out to the dev version right now, but I'm glad to hear that the larger memory footprint is making a difference. I strongly suspect that this will solve my crashes, too. I sure would love to run a RM game at some point!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Don't switch to FG v2.9 until we get the Combat Tracker issue resolved with v2.9. Right now FG crashes when opening the Combat Tracker in v2.9. JPG is looking into it.

Thread Information