5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Players] What do you want from the Con?

What do you want to play in a 4 hour slot, system / setting?
    What would you like a 1 hour demo of?
    Anything else you want?
    Last edited by VenomousFiligree; April 9th, 2012 at 13:45.

Previously: MurghBpurn

Blog Entries
    Speaking from some similar experience after 10 years of high activity in the NWN/NWN2 community, where a matchmaking site called Neverwinter Connections arranged NWCon every 12ish months...

Established games/GMs can plan a 'one off' that could easily catapult the player(s) that fit best with their regular group(s) into a regular campaign.

Use the opportunity to recruit (FG2 community has an advantage here; players don't need to download 750+ mb of content to play).

Use the opportunity to expose people to a favourite ruleset (and people - be open to trying something new).

Style something specifically for the time slot or at most one more session (perhaps held later in the Con).

This is a great opportunity for everyone.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Like any good Con Game I like to lose lots of money.
    Otherwise in the tradition of GenCon having the same module running with DMs electing their best players to move up to the next game and so on until the final game is played. You did say four days, not hours, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    What do you want to play in a 4 hour slot, system / setting?
    What would you like a 1 hour demo of?
    Anything else you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    Like any good Con Game I like to lose lots of money.
    Otherwise in the tradition of GenCon having the same module running with DMs electing their best players to move up to the next game and so on until the final game is played. You did say four days, not hours, right?
    I'm sure Doug would love to take your money...
    Having never been to GenCon, I'll have to take your word on this apparent "GM Favouritism"!

Worth thinking on how "Game Stalls" could be made to work?

Previously: MurghBpurn

I'd like to be able to play several new systems and settings I haven't experienced before.

I'd also love to see seminars/live screencasts about how to better use Fantasy Grounds from a GM's perspective. Something with chat where you could ask questions.

as a player I would love to see different systems I think for the regulars this is the most appealing. and for knew players they will get to play with some "regular" players but all together learn a system and for some people it is meeting new people possibly for starting games fresh blood in games and getting odd timezone players together who don't check the same forums...I like the idea Dracones tossed out about seminars on how to use and FG better as a GM or player I think that would be huge and you could get good views from different GM's on how they look at FG from different system perspectives and the addons each of you guys have created to better FG's to show off the community because lets face it we are awesome

Personally I would like 2 things. The first of which is a given. Good Gaming with good people. The 2nd thing I would like is for a string of games run, like an order or story. Gives that feel of truly sharing an adventure with the mates you are playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD

Use the opportunity to expose people to a favourite ruleset (and people - be open to trying something new).

Oh, man. I have to drop everything and respond. (The students standing in a line outside my office can wait. )

I really want to try Savage Worlds, but so far I have been reluctant to take the plunge. It seems to be all in or nothing. Is this a chance for me to try the system without buying the rule set? Do I need to know the game system to play? How do I sign up?

I run 4e. I would love to run a 4e game. The one thing that is going to stop me from doing it is character creation. The one time I ran a one shot adventure game for 4e, I made all of the characters. It took way too long, and I ended up leaving some bugs in them by mistake. That experience turned me off from ever doing that again. Can someone suggest a solution? I really wish there was a simple way to move characters around. I would love to take snap shots of the campaign charaters at various levels and create a pool that way for things like this. Is there already some secret way to share characters that I do not know about?

Thanks,

kevin

P.S. I am GMT+9 so I could run something in the quiet hours.
    Last edited by spoofer; May 4th, 2012 at 08:34.

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer
    I really wish there was a simple way to move characters around. I would love to take snap shots of the campaign charaters at various levels and create a pool that way for things like this. Is there already some secret way to share characters that I do not know about?
    Yes, very easy - use the /exportchar command.

This is explained in this thread (which is also a repository for 4E characters from other GMs):

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16460

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Yes, very easy - use the /exportchar command.

This is explained in this thread (which is also a repository for 4E characters from other GMs):

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16460
    Oh man... how did I miss this!!!! Thanks so much!

Kevin

Edit:

Ok, I tried it and all I get is a list of slash commands. Is this documented? Are there restrictions? Do I need to be the GM? A player? Light licence? Full licence? Version? One of these restrictions is preventing me from doing this.

Thanks for the help.

Second edit:

Ok. I understand that only the GM can do it. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by spoofer; May 9th, 2012 at 04:00.

Thread Information