5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Targeting Site to Advertise

I would recommend maybe working up a consolidated list of sites to advertise FGCon on in the weeks prior to the actual event. This way we can make sure the word gets spread without duplicating our efforts especially as I am sure many of us frequent the same gaming forums/websites.

We might be able to get in on some rotating banner ads with some sites as well as just posting in their forums. Which means. . . . we'll need some revised banners to use that reference the FGCon similar to these;

Show your love of Fantasy Grounds

I believe that the FGII staff should be the ones spearheading this "advertising" effort but since there are only 2 of them I think us members should certainly help out. We just don't want to be stepping on each others toes in making this work.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Can events be ticketed (not necessarily paid), with tickets going into a draw? If so might be worth advertising the prizes available?

Previously: MurghBpurn

I was thinking some kind of raffle also. Not sure what we can do for prizes. Maybe Doug will throw something in to give away?

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Maybe some games companies would put up some prizes if their adventures were run?

I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but there is potentially serious legal issues with running a raffle. It's one thing to do it at a traditional con where people are physically attending at one specific location and you only have to comply with local laws. However, in a situation where people will possibly be connecting from all over the world, it complicates things considerably.

Dont market it as a raffle then

I see forums have prize draws all the time, so don't see what the issue is :s

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing it's fine as long as nobody charges any money... right?

Blog Entries
    Let me know what kind of stuff you want on the banners and once it is finalized, I can draft up some banners in various sizes. Here's what I'll need...

Preferred Size(s) - it would be best if the other sizes already work, but I can adjust some if necessary. I'd rather not have to make 10 different versions of every variant though.

Suggested Title and Taglines.
    ex. FG Con 2012 (big)
    sign up for a free online roleplaying session using the Fantasy Grounds VTT (smaller)
    (no purchase necessary - click to see details) (fine print)
    << DATES >>
    FGIICon.com

Definite Dates. Once finalized.

I would be willing to send ddavison a copy of PreHysteria or two as a minor prize to give away.

Quote Originally Posted by madman
    I was thinking some kind of raffle also. Not sure what we can do for prizes. Maybe Doug will throw something in to give away?

Chris
    Plus, if we get enough Pathfinder Society (PFS) games being ran I can hit-up Paizo for PFS convention support. I don't know how I'd get physical books out to people (they usually give a few copies of the big hardback books, a few other items and usually a large box of Pathfinder novels) - but I could ask about eBook support.

Thread Information