DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Savage Worlds: Fantasy skin extension

I bought this Fantasy skin extension for Savage Worlds and find out that it's poorly constructed. The worst part is that it's not fully compatible with Savage Worlds 3.2 ruleset I don't know why but the extension "updates" from windowclasses which actually downgrades them because they from older version of SW ruleset. I have also found console errors and warnings when using this skin extension with SW32. I wonder if SmiteWorks is aware of this and if fix is planned for this product. I know that cost of $3 isin't much but still as a customer I am very dissapointed and this makes me worry about quality of other similar products.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

This extension was upgraded to be compatible, so I am not sure what the problem is..

PM me I'll sort you out.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks for response,

I have listed few issues that I blindfoldedly find. The extension I downloaded from store contains following XML files:

• extesion.xml (icons and frames are defined here)
    • modifiedwindows.xml (this downgrades windowclasses from 3.2 and makes it incompatible). Constains following windowclass definitions sw_tools_gm (broken badly), chat, encounterlist --> UNUSED in ruleset, renamed to "storylist", imagelist, itemlist, npclist, vehiclelist, combatlist, effectlist, notelist, modifierlist. I wonder what's purpose of including these windowclasses here, how are they "updated"?
    • notusedyet.xml (what is this for?)

In addition ext is missing few resources:
    • icons/title_monsters.png NOT FOUND~ but it's not used anywhere in ruleset
    • icons/tab_base3.png NOT FOUND/PROVIDED
    • icons/tab_base2s.png NOT FOUND/PROVIDED

I have no idea what version I got but I managed to do workaround with it by removing windowclass updates and missing resource defs. However I haven't done any side-effect study and hope that product owner could do it and prep this product better.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael
    I have no idea what version I got but I managed to do workaround with it by removing windowclass updates and missing resource defs. However I haven't done any side-effect study and hope that product owner could do it and prep this product better.
    Like I said I re-wrote all the extensions as part of the play-testing with 3.2 which is why I am surprised about this problem, I suspect the store is still "selling" the older version.

The Fantasy ruleset used more custom windows than the others due to the artwork it used, hence it was more incompatible. PM me and I'll sort this out.
    Last edited by Doswelk; April 4th, 2012 at 15:20.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

As cool as it is that your helping Ikael out directly, Kevin, I really think we need to flag up to Smiteworks if the download link people have for this skin is pulling down the wrong version.

Equally, Ikael, I presume this purchase was very recent, or that your went to the store to ensure you had the latest version if not ?

Overall, I hope these problems will go away with FGII version 2.9, as it features an update engine for all the commercial products it seems, so will ensure people have the latest, greatest versions. As long as they remember to push them down, that is
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

I just flagged Doug to have him double-check the link in the store.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    As cool as it is that your helping Ikael out directly, Kevin, I really think we need to flag up to Smiteworks if the download link people have for this skin is pulling down the wrong version.
    I agree but at the same time if there is a problem with the Theme I have a willing play-tester

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Blog Entries
    Ikael,

Unfortunately, this file was out of date in the store. Both PhantomWhale and Doswelk did indeed spend a good amount of time getting this updated with the latest patch to Savage Worlds and it never got promoted to the store. It's now been updated and the download limit has been reset to allow it to be re-downloaded.

Sorry for the issue.

-Doug

Thanks all again for quick response,

I redownloaded the extension and it works fine now! Glad to hear that this was only old-dated resource issue. Hopefully other customers have got their updated version so they would not lack any of those superior SW3.2 features in their ruleset.

Fantasy Skin looks awsome and will definitely boost fantasy mood in games

I just updated my version of the Modern Skin and I cannot see the numbers in the modifier box. If I roll the mousewheel and then roll the dice, they do have the modified number added to the roll... but I cannot see the total modifier.

I guess we can play it like Russian Roulette... you may get a bonus or you may get nothing

Thread Information