DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: The IRC Channel

The IRC Channel

A lot of people have been coming into the IRC Chanel lately and that is awesome, but many people have a misconception of what it is. I am thinking someone with some official link to Smite Works (so, that rules out me) should say something somewhere along the lines of what the IRC Room isn't:
    • Support - The IRC room is not an official path for support. Many of the users in the IRC room are more than willing to assist you with any issues you have, but they are NOT technical support for Fantasy Grounds, and will not have all the answers.
    • Contact - The IRC room is not an official method of contact for Smite Works and will not result in contact with anyone who works for smite works.
    • A way to find an instant game - The IRC room is a great place to go looking for players, but do not expect to login and have a game going within minutes. It simply isn't that active.
    • Pirate Cove - The IRC Room is not the place to go if you are looking for information on obtaining a unofficial copy of Fantasy Grounds (or any other software or gaming books)

I am sure there are others that I have missed here, but these are the big ones I have seen people expecting the IRC room to be, and it simply just isn't any of these things.

What it is, for those still reading:
    The IRC Room is a place to 'hangout' with like minded people that (hopefully) all use Fantasy Grounds to enjoy their favorite RPGs. Come say Hello and hang out. If everyone is idle when you pop in, hang around for awhile I promise someone will stop in and say Hi soon.

I think this summarizes the usage of the IRC chat channel well, so I've stickied the thread.

Thanks,
    JPG

Is there a support channel in the irc?

I think it would be a great idea, sometimes when you're trying to get a session started and an update stops you, it would be nice to have a way of reaching out for help.
    Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here take this.

Full License Holder

The support channel is a community driven effort. Official support is via the forum and email ([email protected]).

Regards,
    JPG

Is there still an active IRC channel? I could only find one for FG2, and it was a bit of a ghost town.

Blog Entries
    FG2 / Fantasy Grounds / Fantasy Grounds II is all the same thing.
    That is the IRC channel but it is not heavily used...
    You will prolly have more luck lurking in the Community Team Speak Server.

Blog Entries
    what is the server address for the IRC

I'm on IRC constantly, so curious, is this still an active thing? If so, same question as above. What's the server info? I found a thread in the tavern someone created a channel on the irc.frws.com server, but that's abandoned. It's not on the channels list for my familiar Darkmyst server, just looked.

Yeah, can't find the IRC channel either.

Blog Entries
    I didn't use the IRC but a lot of the text chat people have moved to Discord so I followed. It's still growing and it's not busy every day yet. On and off conversations, just depends who's actually at their keyboards like with anything else.

Thread Information