DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Weapon Properties

Awesomely, a field for Weapon Properties has been added in the new alpha patch but I am wondering .... how does this field even work?

Does it support standard 3.5 core weapon properties? I tried listing a weapon as "Flaming" but this did not seem to have any effect. Just thought I would get a discussion started here for it. Thanks in advance!

A flaming weapon deals fire damage - so I think you should put "fire" in that field instead.

I don't think there's an official, comprehensive list of 3.5E magical weapon damage types anywhere, but I believe that the list of spell descriptors is a superset of it.
    Last edited by Callum; March 29th, 2012 at 16:33. Reason: Adding extra info

I've played around with it a little bit. It doesn't seem to change anything with added descriptors there. (Having tried Fire, [Fire], Flaming and even DMG: +1d6 fire

Will keep messing around with it and see if anything changes. I'm sure its a matter of me just not using the right commands or it may be meant for information purposes only

Have you tried using the weapon to attack a creature with fire resistance?

The weapon properties field will probably grow with time. Right now, it is mostly a bucket to hold the weapon properties when dragging and dropping from the weapons table or items list.

The only other thing it does right now is support the "Touch" property, which means that all attacks with this weapon are treated as touch attacks. This was added to support PFRPG firearms which are touch attacks at short range. Just set up 2 entries for the gun (one touch, one without).

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    How would you handle things like Misfire and Capacity for the Firearms? (i.e. the Blunderbuss with it's 1-2 misfire chance).

I've been adding in the Firearms to the d20 PFSRD Equipment module manually (XML editor and zip/rename). I didn't see that a Firearms category was in the module I downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by morgurth
    How would you handle things like Misfire and Capacity for the Firearms? (i.e. the Blunderbuss with it's 1-2 misfire chance).

I've been adding in the Firearms to the d20 PFSRD Equipment module manually (XML editor and zip/rename). I didn't see that a Firearms category was in the module I downloaded.
    You'll have to do misfire manually.

Not sure what you're referring to by capacity? Could you cover this with the "Ammo" entry of a ranged weapon?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Cool, thanks.

And, Yeah, I'm guessing Ammo will cover it. This https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/firearms has "Capacity" listed.

How do you add ghost touch? And do I get Cold Iron Damage Reduction to not be over come by cold.

Quote Originally Posted by spacce1889
    How do you add ghost touch? And do I get Cold Iron Damage Reduction to not be over come by cold.
    Ghost touch is not covered in the ruleset - there is some initial code in the 3.5E ruleset around a damage type of "incorporeal touch" but this is not fully implemented and has been removed as a valid damage type.

EDIT: Regarding DR x/Cold Iron - As Gwaihir Scout says in the next post, cold is an energy type and ignores DR; so the ruleset works correctly.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 17th, 2013 at 19:42.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information