DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Will try RM again with new computer

I'm that guy who was always complaining that the RM ruleset would crash on me. Well, I had a momentary lapse in judgement a few days back, clicked on what I *thought* was a Microsoft Security Essentials window, and... well... long story short, I have a new computer now. Biggest change is that it has double the memory - 8 GB instead of 4 GB. It'll be interesting to see if I get the same crashing problems.

If it runs OK, well, maybe I'll have to port over my Old West theme and enter the critical tables for Outlaw! Not ready to give up C&C, though - a great system but very different from RM.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

I've been working pretty hard on an extension to add features and fix issues with the RMC ruleset so please let me know if you have any trouble and I will see if I can track it down and do something about it.

I wish you luck with getting it to run on the new computer.

Thanks, Dakadin, we'll see what happens. Ihave FG reinstalled and just reinstalled the RM ruleset... are there any important upgrades, etc. for this ruleset? If not, I'll stage a fight between some monsters and a couple characters, and we should know pretty quick what the outcome is.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

I am a bit biased since I created it but here is a link to the thread with my extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=15785. It adds a bit of functionality and fixes a couple issues. The initial post will give you a quick overview with more details further down the thread.

I'm assuming I have the latest everything, as far as RM is concerned - it does look like there are some new functionalities, tho it's been a while since I tried RM. I don't appear to be having any crashes, but I am getting some kinda random screen glitches when certain things are clicked on - especially the "Next Actor" button. It seems to me that I'm getting the screen glitches in similar fashion as to when I used to get the crashes. Now every now and then I get a random-sized (but never very large) rectangular area at the bottom of the FG window that gets junk written into it - usually it's sections of the FG window that are being drawn at about 25% size and repeated in the rectangular area, rubber-stamp-like.

I'll try updating my graphics driver in a bit (I'm just using the onboard graphics with the Dell).

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    I am a bit biased since I created it but here is a link to the thread with my extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=15785. It adds a bit of functionality and fixes a couple issues. The initial post will give you a quick overview with more details further down the thread.
    I'll check it out - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    Wow - I see you're one of the heroes up here who is adding so much value to the product! Many thanks - you're a big part of what makes FG so great - it's the software *and* the community.

We had a guy named Sorcerer over in the C&C group doing the kinds of things that you're doing, but he disappeared without a trace last Fall... we've been languishing a bit ever since. Rm is lucky to have you and some of the others here adding important functionalities. Bravo.

That said, I still haven't actually downlaoded it - I'll do so later tonight!

I'm assuming I have the latest everything, as far as RM is concerned - it does look like there are some new functionalities, tho it's been a while since I tried RM. I don't appear to be having any crashes, but I am getting some kinda random screen glitches when certain things are clicked on - especially the "Next Actor" button. It seems to me that I'm getting the screen glitches in similar fashion as to when I used to get the crashes. Now every now and then I get a random-sized (but never very large) rectangular area at the bottom of the FG window that gets junk written into it - usually it's sections of the FG window that are being drawn at about 25% size and repeated in the rectangular area, rubber-stamp-like.

I'll try updating my graphics driver in a bit (I'm just using the onboard graphics with the Dell).
    I originally thought the graphics glitch was FG related and not RMC related but I am starting to question that. One thing that I've noticed is if I have FG in windowed mode and have other applications open is when it occurs. If I close the other applications the issue seems to clear up for me. I will see if I can replicate it with consistent results so I can find out if it is a ruleset issue.

Wow - I see you're one of the heroes up here who is adding so much value to the product! Many thanks - you're a big part of what makes FG so great - it's the software *and* the community.

We had a guy named Sorcerer over in the C&C group doing the kinds of things that you're doing, but he disappeared without a trace last Fall... we've been languishing a bit ever since. Rm is lucky to have you and some of the others here adding important functionalities. Bravo.
    Thanks I appreciate it but there are a few of us doing work on RMC that I know of. Lachancery has done a lot to help me behind the scenes and I know both Ardem and Trenloe have been working on improvements. RMC activity has really picked up over the last few months which has been great to see.

I did see where you were worried about Sorcerer. I hope he is doing well also. I know some of his posts helped me learn a few things about FG.

That said, I still haven't actually downlaoded it - I'll do so later tonight!
    Let me know if you have any suggestions for changes.

Indeed, thanks to all of you folks out there doing work on this, or any other ruleset for FG!

We'll have to see how things look on this new computer - I haven't used any other rulesets on it yet, so I can't comment on whether or not it happens there too. I did see it in the FG launcher just after I had closed the RM ruleset.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture
    maybe I'll have to port over my Old West theme and enter the critical tables for Outlaw!
    Now that would be nice. I actually have a copy of Outlaw sitting here at my desk and was reading through it just the other night. Would really like to see you get the chance to put that theme to use.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information