DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

new, many questions

Good evening,

I am new, recently purchased an ultimate account and I have a LOT of questions. I'll be posting as I go, but to start:

1. How do my players set their class?
    2. I thought there would be more portraits and tokens available to an ultimate account... do I have free ones I just haven't downloaded, or do I need to purchase them?

Some Questions are going to be ruleset specific. most rulesets when you clinck in the area, right click that is you get another menu. You would check for the one that says to add the item, or create a new item. What ruleset are you using?

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Hi Hector, and welcome to the message boards. Portraits come from the player's computers so they are actually the ones the software thinks will get the pictures. They can use any picture they want though they should make it 63x63 pixels to conserve bandwidth. Google search pictures, RPG's website are good sources of portrait pictures.

Most rulesets take the fill in the character sheet for the game approach. So to add a class usually you just type in the name of the class in the area of the character sheet. As madman said though, the actual details can vary from ruleset to ruleset. It is usually best to have a session where your players all set up their characters and maybe you run a demo combat. This is because a great many rulesets don't support making local characters.

In FG if you don't know how to do something try right clicking and looking at the radial menu options.

I'm using the 3.5edition. It seems to autocalc a lot of things, but some it seems to autocalc incorrectly or need to be done manually. For example, one of my players has made a character wtih an 18 strength and is using a greatsword, which the sheet recognizes as a base +4, but then he gets +1 to hit for being a first level paladin (manually entered), and a +1 for having weapon focus. It shows +6 to hit. Great.

But under actions, it's also showing +6 for melee damage, and I'm not seeing any way to edit it.

you just need to click on the magnifying glass icon on the right and it will open up more options.

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thanks for the tip madman.

I saw the magnifying glass and opened it up, and I didn't see any way that I could edit the damage. It's still showing 2d6+6 for damage. I tried opening up a new weapon slot, seeing if it had just saved an error, and it showed "+4+ for damage, so I was psyked, but then when I typed in "Greatsword" the +4 changed to a +6.

Is there a reason why this is supposed to be this way? Some kind of odd rule I've never played with that makes two handed weapons deal additional +2 damage?

I am totally lost, and greatly appreciate all help.

When you left click on the Melee one handed it cycles through other options you might have it on two handed, that adds 1.5 times str. Like a greatsword is supposed to by the rules.

Chris

Got it! Thanks Madman!

So there is a bit of a learning curve to this, but I'll get it with time. Thanks again.

As madman is pointing out for most of the action tab spells and weapons if you are trying to edit damage and to hit or such things always look to the right of a box for a down arrow or the magnifying glass it will open up for tabs to input more specific info and always try the right clicking to add items...while alot of the bonuses are calculated by the FG itself they are trying to give a very pen&paper feel...somehting I personnel forget sometimes and find a curse comes out that may not be needed....but keep asking questions the best thing about these fourms is there is always somone with an answer and it usually comes fast

Thread Information