FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

NPC/Trap/Vehicle Extension

So here is another extension I have been working on that I think tons of people will find useful. It allows you to choose creature, trap/haunt, or vehicle when you create a NPC.There are still a couple of things left to do but I want to put it out there to see if anyone finds a problem with it I could not.

Please back up you Campaigns!

Chris
    Last edited by madman; March 1st, 2012 at 16:29.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Must have had a typo on the default window size, I will change it Later today.

Chris

Edit: Wrong thread sorry!
    Last edited by madman; February 23rd, 2012 at 09:19.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

What is the difference between this and the other trap extension?
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

It lets you prepare Traps and haunts along with vehicles and drop them into the combat tracker to roll targeted attacks, With the Spell Sheet it allows you to target spell effects of haunts.

Chris

I will be including something similar in the next release of FG, along with a revamped NPC sheet. Watch the Laboratory forum over the next couple weeks.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    I will be including something similar in the next release of FG, along with a revamped NPC sheet. Watch the Laboratory forum over the next couple weeks.

Cheers,
    JPG

This Just brought a smile to my face, I have beem searching the community forum for anything about Pathfinder NPC sheets, will it be in the same format as npc's are laid out in the adventure paths moon wizard? That would make my like so much easier. Trying to convert my group to an online group as I work away away during the week. I took FG2 on my laptop to show the guys last weekend lots of interest but one of the more negative comments from one of them was 'The NPC sheet is not pathfinder format'.

Hopefully that problem will be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hamlyntp
    This Just brought a smile to my face, I have beem searching the community forum for anything about Pathfinder NPC sheets, will it be in the same format as npc's are laid out in the adventure paths moon wizard? That would make my like so much easier. Trying to convert my group to an online group as I work away away during the week. I took FG2 on my laptop to show the guys last weekend lots of interest but one of the more negative comments from one of them was 'The NPC sheet is not pathfinder format'.

Hopefully that problem will be fixed soon.
    Does it really matter if the NPC screen is not 100% "Pathfinder format" - it's only the GM who actually sees it, and the NPC info is basically all available and isn't hard to see/find. OK, some of the fields aren't exactly the same as the statblock, but these are minor differences.

If you're worried about taking time importing NPCs and matching the statblock to Fantasy Grounds fields, use the creature parser which does adhere to the Pathfinder format for it's input.

WOW, thankyou Trenloe for that great parser. It took me all of about 5 minutes to read how to use it before I was rolling Fmughwa the Deathgorger's damage in my dice tray : ) Thats going to save me a huge amount of prep work.

Yes you are right about the DM only seeing it and it doesnt really matter all that much but I'm still yet to convince my group that FG2 is the future, as a serviceman who lives on a military base during the working week and spends a lot of time out of the country I need my RPG fix, FG2 is the way forward its just having to convince my group who are very traditional in the way they think of playing RPG's.

I've had FG since about 2006 but am still waiting to talk them into playing at least a single module with it. I have started to try to convince them by running council of thieves using FG at the gaming table hopefully after a few months I might get them to commit to actually playing remotely with it.

Even though Iv'e had the program and 3 other licences with it for 6 years I'm yet to play a game and I'm still learning the in's and outs of setting it up for a flawless campaign.

As an update to my last post between posting that message and then parsing in ALL the NPC's from Council of thieves, Mother of Flies I now have every NPC in my NPC tab in Fantasy Grounds 2 ready for playing! That must of taken me at most 10 minutes! Its incredible how quick and usefull that parser is! Thanks again Trenloe. : )

The new layout looks surprisingly similar to the Pathfinder format.

JPG

Thread Information