FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

When will there be support for SW Deluxe?

One thing I noticed is that the Savage Worlds ruleset for Fantasy Grounds is for the older Explorer's Edition and doesn't include the newer SW Deluxe Edition with its rules changes. Anyone know if they will eventually put out an update to the newer Deluxe Edition?

I'm also wondering if they will soon put out official support for any of my fave settings for SW? Settings like Rippers, 50 Fathoms, Iron Dynasty, MARS, Deadlands, etc. Is there any fan-made support for these?

Rippers is already there..

I am currently adding a Rippers theme and have added an extension to support Lodges, updated the character sheet to add Reason and Status.

None of the above have been sent to Doug yet, we are play testing the changes next week.

I am currently converting the Rippers Companion for FGII (for myself mainly).

I converted the whole of the 50 fathoms player's guide and created a theme, I believe River Rat was planning to do the rest of the conversion (this is the new edition), the original edition is also for sale for FGII.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

And I'm your man for Savage Worlds Deluxe - which is in progress and 80% done. Just need to finish off the GM chapters and I was going to add a chase tool for the new chase rules (so you get something more than just the new library book module). There was also a little hold up trying to work out the best way of releasing this such that all the existing campaigns with links to edges / hindrances etc... will automatically open them up the new SWD version instead of the older SWEX version.

I'm also the author of Deadlands: Reloaded which has been out a while and received quite a big graphical update recently, and I've also just submitted a new scenario (don't drink the water) for release, to add to the few that are available.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    And I'm your man for Savage Worlds Deluxe - which is in progress and 80% done. Just need to finish off the GM chapters and I was going to add a chase tool for the new chase rules (so you get something more than just the new library book module). There was also a little hold up trying to work out the best way of releasing this such that all the existing campaigns with links to edges / hindrances etc... will automatically open them up the new SWD version instead of the older SWEX version.

I'm also the author of Deadlands: Reloaded which has been out a while and received quite a big graphical update recently, and I've also just submitted a new scenario (don't drink the water) for release, to add to the few that are available.
    Hey PW, is there any way people can help? Id be willing to lend a hand if I could.

There was also a little hold up trying to work out the best way of releasing this such that all the existing campaigns with links to edges / hindrances etc... will automatically open them up the new SWD version instead of the older SWEX version.
    Have you solved that one?

I'd had an idea but I'm sure yours is better
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Any idea when this Savage Worlds Deluxe ruleset will be available? I am considering buying a full license to run Deadlands over FG and would love to just grab the Deluxe rules if they are going to be released soon instead of having to buy the Explorer's Edition ones now and then purchase Deluxe when it releases as well.

This info makes me very very happy

I'm not 100% clear how Smiteworks intend to release the Deluxe rules. In any case, I'm sure we'll have a library book purchase for existing owners. It remains to be seen if we'll update the core ruleset to be SWD - suspect we will, but given these things are priced according to the RRP of the actual book, this would raise the cost of the core SW ruleset a bit.

Thanks for offers of help - stumbling block is mainly the release strategy now. It's going to have to do SOMETHING to ensure old links from modules and possibly campaigns still work with the new books (Doswelk / others - if you have ideas, I'm all ears - the solutions we've got so far are all good, but not perfect).

The simplest plan seems to be something like overrides the links for the GM, such that modules all open up their links in the new books. This would require players to recreate their character sheet links to get the new SWD version - a little manual, but only a one-off process. Like I say, no perfect solution yet. Might be able to offer a tool to do this automatically. Not sure yet.

ETA - well, I've been off FGII work for 4-5 weeks fighting some other freelance work - but I'm back to finish it off now. So lets say end of March (as a guess !) - best I can offer now.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Some info and screen shots of Savage Worlds Deluxe here:

https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/post/21074...-worlds-deluxe

Nice!

Want to play test

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information