DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 14 First ... 89101112 ... Last

Thread: FRP Extension

Thank you both for all the support, I think I'd have eaten my keyboard if I had to figure all this out myself
    I'm in the process of adding skill costs for the new professions, added Elemental Priest and Armsmaster first, as those two are needed for our first campaign in FG.

The XML editor i use tends to freeze though. So I think I just lost 3 hours of work.
    Note to self: Use NP++

So far we've just added the professions to the existing mod, we're considering making a separate mod so we don't have to do the job over if you release an update.
    Moostik is thinking about exporting the data from our xlsx sheets directly to XML.

EDIT:
    Here is the .mod I've added Elemental Priest and Armsmaster to, I've also added skill costs in all categories.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jiii95hzrt...Rules.mod?dl=0
    Last edited by King; January 22nd, 2016 at 10:17.

By the way, I can't seem to find where skill bonuses for the professions are added?
    For instance, Armsmaster has:
    Attachment 12783
    Where, if at all, are these added?
    Last edited by King; January 22nd, 2016 at 10:17.

In RMC the level bonuses are handled manually in the ruleset so I would guess the profession bonuses are handled the same way in RMFRP.

These are manual, In the Skill table for the character everything after Stat is a manual entry.

Manual Entries
    CT+ is for the category bonus to be entered here
    Item is for an item bonus aka +15 longsword
    Prof is for profession bonuses like you descibed above
    Misc is for anything else really.

The Progression of skill can also mean a manual chane, because it is very hard to program some of this stuff.

Normal Categories automatic
    Standard is automatic
    Combined is manual
    Hits is automatic however you need to enter in the RK bonus as it different from each race
    PP the same as hits
    When dragging in Weapons remember to add the stats such as Ag/St/Ag

Something I recently discovered is for a mage add a weapon called Basic Spell Attack, and if the mage has any ball spells, you do not assign them against a skill, but it will help the GM with table resolves

I always remembered directed spells, as it seemed logical but having these two things added above made it so much easier for RR and damage v ball spells.

Hi,

I have much appreciation for your extension. We've been using it for quite a while now.
    There is one thing lacking though, at least for us. The static maneuver tables introduced in "School of Hard Knocks" bring a lot of flavour to the game.
    I understand that these tables have some copyright issues, but I'd like to make my own modification to FRP Extension.

You have included fuctioning table resolver for the general static maneuver rolls and spell rolls. These seem to be linked to the skill table with a type number 1-5.
    My question is, where do you define the new type 5 (Maneuver, Spell), and have them function with the table resolver. I glanced through your codes, and it seems that the default lua code still allows only types 1 & 2 to be roll-able.

TL;DR; I'd like for "Athletic • Endurance" skills to show the Athletic • Endurance - Static Maneuver Tables and "Outdoor • Animal" to show it's own etc. How would I go about making my own skill types rather than the one provided by RMC?

Never mind, I found it.

I had been looking through so many lua and xml files today, that I mistook the RMC.pak files as RMFRP.ext files.
    No wonder I couldn't find the relevant code.

Yeah I only did 2 static maneuver tables it is possible to do a lot more, in the code. You should be able to find the LUA code where I made the changes, they are commented on. However these are the files you need to change.

manager_table.lua line 306
    rules_constant.lua line 15 and 22
    rules_customdata.lua line 132

of course the FRP_Rules.mod

You do this and your all done, there is a fix I am doing to the module now, that dakadin picked up for me that I needed to do so it worked without Character Law loaded. This now be uploaded and on the first page.

New version of the FRP.

.6 works with 1.7.2

So all the nice features in that carry across, also I cleaned up a lot of code, which might been causing some issue around the GM and player opening the skill sheet at the same time.

Also this include Chris Seals hidden rolls option

.6 module

Has all the School of Hard Knocks tables. You will either need to recreate your character or go to each skill and click through to the right table.
    Last edited by Ardem; February 15th, 2016 at 23:42.

Ah great ! Thank you very much

Guys, was playing last night which I thought the new RMC version that was sent from Smiteworks was 1.7.2 but it is actually 1.6.2 update. This means there is a bunch of issues so please use the previous FRP version 0.55, you can still however use module 0.6.

I waiting to hear back from dakadin to see when 1.7.2 will be pushed out.

I will work on a 0.56 version based on RMC 1.6.2 tonight and get it out very soon, so at least you will be able to use the 0.6 module, with school hard knock tables.
    Last edited by Ardem; February 15th, 2016 at 23:42.

Thread Information