STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last

Thread: FRP Extension

Blog Entries
    Bravo.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

0.56 is done, and on the front page, sorry for the mess up there.

Good news 0.60 is done also whenever that hit the shelves <smile>

Uploaded the new FRP extension for RMC 1.7.5

There is some great changes for 1.7.5, which is included in this Extension, one of the biggest is the drag and drop of attacks, damage and effect directly to the character/npc icons. Making fights much faster. There is also an option for damage and effect to be relayed to the player via chat, so no double handling which is great. This is in GM Option Send effects to chat.

FRP changes are mainly in line with 1.7.5, it changes some the numbers. The biggest change in this version that differs from 1.7.5 is the inclusion of all the various tables for static maneuver roles make sure you download the 0.60 module for these tables. You will either need to do a new characters or spend the time in the skill section making sure the correct static maneuver table is correct.

Enjoy the new version of FRP extension.

Version 0.65

Changes

- Included the ability for you to use format text in your story area, this went missing in a few version previous as it was overlayed with Delete Item.
    - Replaced Learn Spell with a skill roll, no need to put the skill in the skill section however you will need to manually add the skill bonus.
    - Added a quick spell modifier section with a few dropdowns and check boxes the common modifiers can be quickly done and added to the modifier section, this should increase the speed when using spell casters.

Love the additions over RMC, and not just because I just started RPing in your Campaign!

With the Minor, Special Talent "Luck, Dramatic" where it increases the Open-ended range (by up to +4 !) of that particular PC, is it possible to edit the die roller on the GM/Player/both side to account for this?

I could see much abuse if this were on the Player side of the fence as we all know, no matter how honest it just doesn't do to trust everyone all the time, haha.

How easy would this to be coded in with a GM toggle and maybe a small * to remind all that the PC in question has an edited die rolling scheme - maybe even a rollover effect that shows the range for ease of tracking live...and subsequent calling out of shenanigans if ever forgotten about?

PS: Had a blast meeting everyone - you have a great solid base of RM players that I can tell, just wanna have fun which is awesome.
    Can't wait 'til next week!

Unfortunately there is nothing codewise to facilitate this, it would just have to be a manual remembrance and roll accordingly if you hit 91 and above. To automate itwould not be an easy thing as the roller is completely separate from the character layer, also the GM layers is separate again else it would go off on every roll.

But I will think about it and see if there is a way of doing in where it convenient, at the moment I am not sure how to implement it codewise.

Heya !

How close is this FRP version from the RMSS version please ?

I need to know if that would do the trick with the RMSS books I'm used to.

Thanks in advance.

RMFRP is pretty much a complete reprint of RMSS - mainly because they wanted 'Fantasy' in the title but ICE also made some minor changes to balance it a bit.

For an exhaustive list of changes, check out this article on the ICE Webring

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

Thanks alot Craggles

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craggles View Post
    RMFRP is pretty much a complete reprint of RMSS - mainly because they wanted 'Fantasy' in the title but ICE also made some minor changes to balance it a bit.

For an exhaustive list of changes, check out this article on the ICE Webring
    That's a beauty website. RMSS is the best iteration IMO.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information