DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 14 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: FRP Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    It looks very good. I can't wait to test it. I've done some similar work and I am hoping I can just use your extension instead.
    I did not go your path with your skill options, purely due to the fact I prefer them all on the same table and under each other, so it was easy to see the parent. I used the grouping method a bit, which is how we found the grouping bug.

Your skill sections has a little more automation then mine, especially around category bonus. It may not be what you are after. However I would not be opposed if you wanted to add your style to the FRP and release it separately for those that prefer that style.

I wanted to do it using grouping also but I didn't know enough then to be able to pull it off so I reduced the complexity until I could learn more about it. I started out with the stat and resistance roll changes then figured I needed to handle the skills. It ended up being more involved than I expected .

After doing the latest critical enhancements, I've learned a lot and I have much different ideas about how I would accomplish it. I've even thought of how I would layout the library modules differently to handle the non-core books (Arcane, Channeling, Essence, Mentalism companions, etc) a bit more easily. I still need to test my idea a bit more thoroughly though.

I do look forward to seeing how you implemented it so keep up the great work .

Added the extension and mod file for people to have a look at, if there is any issues copyright or otherwise let me know. <1st Post>

You need the RMC ruleset for this to work.

There is still much more for me to do, but atleast it open for some critic or ideas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardem

DEFINITELY a nicer looking desktop!

You will want to modify the extension so that it doesn't have the RMFRP folder in it by moving everything up to that level instead of being in a sub folder. The extension.xml needs to be at the top level or FG won't see the extension.

Yeah silly me, this is what you get when you attempt to do a zip at 3am. <smile>

Fixed it. Was not suppose to be a folder, did that as I normally develop not with a ext
    Last edited by Ardem; February 4th, 2012 at 07:56.

So anyone had a chance to DL and have a look at it, any recommendations or errors I have missed?

I downloaded it and did a really quick run through. I didn't really try to figure it out yet. I will try to take a closer look at it soon and let you know what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    I downloaded it and did a really quick run through. I didn't really try to figure it out yet. I will try to take a closer look at it soon and let you know what I find.
    What he said. Got a little busy in the last week. I'll take a closer look this week, and give you feedback. I haven't touched my FRP books in quite a while - it's a little fuzzy in my head.

I took a closer look and there are quite a few things that look good:

Stats bonuses have been handled seemlessly.

The Adolescence Rank Table and Category Skills table both look very nice.

I like some of the information you have in the library especially the Combat Round entry because it makes the information easy to find.

I like the new graphics. They are cleaner and more intuitive in my opinion.

The XP tab was very nice also. I like how it does some of the calculations for you and makes it easy to add sessions to the total and apply the total to the character sheet.

I have a couple suggestions:

Racial Die type isn't needed in the Racial Abilities Table.

The Category Skills table has a few classes that need the skill costs entered. They are classes that people rarely play though.

I would add a message to the chat when XP is added to the character sheet. I know my players tend to like to see it but it could also be communicated other ways.

A couple questions:

Can the skills be dragged to the character sheet or is that a manual process?

When using the XP tab, does it slow you down at all filling in the information?

Do you have plans for more changes?

Thread Information