DICE PACKS BUNDLE

XML Classlevel ?

Browsing through exported Pathfinder character XML file, I see this on a character:

<classlevel type="string">Oracle 5 / Guardian 2 / Fighter 1</classlevel>

That's cool and stuff, except it doesn't match the actual classes and levels, which should be Oracle 8, Guardian 3, Fighter 2.

Was this an abandoned string at some point? Or was it something created from some extension I'm no longer using? Any ideas?

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

It's the standard "CLASS & LEVEL" display on the main tab of the character sheet.

This is set by change events triggered in the character sheet GUI so if something changed the class levels directly on the database, the field won't be updated until the character sheet is opened.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, one would think so, except it doesn't exist in db.xml for any new characters added to the campaign, and stopped updating after 7th level for long-term characters. So that's why I'm wondering if it was a string that Smiteworks abandoned, or if it was created some other way. I mean, these characters have been changed via GUI hundreds of times since 7th level.

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    except it doesn't exist in db.xml for any new characters added to the campaign
    By this, I mean new characters added in the last few months. All of the character sheets have been opened from the GUI hundreds of times.

Ah, yes, sorry - it's a calculated control not an actual database field. So the control in the PC character sheet should show the correct value, but it isn't stored in the database.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Ah, yes, sorry - it's a calculated control not an actual database field. So the control in the PC character sheet should show the correct value, but it isn't stored in the database.
    Interestingly, it does exist in my db.xml for some characters (the long term ones). Maybe I imported them from an earlier export at some point? Don't know. In any case, it's not calculating levels correctly if, in fact, it is still used.
    Last edited by swbuza; January 19th, 2023 at 01:20.

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    Interestingly, it does exist in my db.xml for some characters (the long term ones). Maybe I imported them from an earlier export at some point? Don't know. In any case, it's not calculating levels correctly if, in fact, it is still used.
    As I (finally) mentioned - "classlevel" is not stored in the database in recent 3.5E rulesets (which is what Pathfinder 1e uses). Maybe it was at some point in the past, or some extension set it in your XML exports. In the ruleset as it is now, it is a calculated GUI control only - no data is stored in a "classlevel" field in the database.

Thread Information