DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Looking forward to 5e!

Thank you for the 5e forum! I've had fun playing 4e while it lasted, and I'll happily switch over to 5e when it launches. I'm looking forward to it! I just hope this one lasts longer than 4e did.

Hey, it lasted longer than 3.0, and almost as long as 3.5, so you can't really complain there. There's just only so much new stuff they can make in a system publishing a core book every 1.5 months before critical mass makes you have to start over and make everyone buy it all over again.

For the most part, I skipped 4e (and went Pathfinder). But I do plan on getting 5e if they are indeed going to mix and match old and new - there were lots of things in 4e that I did like, but the scaled down feel turned me off. If they can do the play pace of 4e and keep the character options and feel of 3e, I'd be happy.

6th Edition will be announced before 2018 I am sure.

How big do you think the chances are they'll revise their licensing and VTT strategy, and give Fantasy Grounds a chance?

Perhaps I'm being cynical (almost certainly) but WotC's history would seem to indicate little chance that they'll change their licensing policies unless there's money in it for them.

Illrigger, I'm curious if you've actually *seen* improved play pace in 4e? My experience last night (nearly an hour to run 2 rounds of combat with 5 experienced players and only 8 NPCs, half of whom weren't concentrating on the fight) doesn't seem to indicate any real improvement in that area, even with all the prep work I could do using Dr Z's awesome tools. We'll be picking that one up at round 3 next week and that's been typical of our combats, despite 4 years working with the system.

Cheers!
    GMK

3 Words about combat:

Fast, Furious, Fun. Hopefully 5E will take a page in that...
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

This might make me jump ship over to Pathfinder, but I'm hoping the game changes for the better.

I do agree that even with FG2 combat in 4e is far too long. I think that for that to change the game would have to become less of a tactical combat game.

I've given up on trying to speed combat up and just accepted that long drawn out battles that span many sessions is what the game is about now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellock
    How big do you think the chances are they'll revise their licensing and VTT strategy, and give Fantasy Grounds a chance?
    Unfortuantely, my guess is next to none. With the Virtual Table just being in beta, I think it's pretty much a given that it will move to 5E as quickly as possible - they aren't going to sink a bunch of time and effort into something that isn't going forwards along the same path as the rest of the product line.

I also agree that 4e combat was too long, but I've always used a houserule that everyone I played with agreed. Monsters have 50% less HP and deal 2X damage. It may not be the best solution or keep balance but keeps battles fast and still dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan
    3 Words about combat:

Fast, Furious, Fun. Hopefully 5E will take a page in that...
    Darn right - after spending a whole 3-4 hour session on ONE D&D combat at a face to face game, there was no way I was going to try running that online, even with the awesomeness of FGII.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thread Information