5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 14 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thread: Tor's Maps

Hrm, that last one just wasn't quite doin' it for me. I'm trying to design maps where, whenever possible (and reasonable), terrain is as much a part of the encounter as the enemies the party is fighting.

That in mind, I kinda cut some paths through the bushes on the right, and also removed some on the bushes on the hill to the left, so that ranged attackers have clear LoS down to the road. The idea is that (a) I might lure a party member or two into the bushes to the right, where they might be surprised to find a 4-5 foes waiting for them, and (b) force ranged controllers to either blast the archers off the hill to the left, or have strikers run all the way to the north end of the hill to reach them.

Attachment 2551

Your maps are absolutely beautyfull !
    I have a request for you !
    Have you an old cemetery in stock, something with mossy graves and vaults ?

Thank you in advance !

Quote Originally Posted by ttuckel
    Your maps are absolutely beautyfull !
    I have a request for you !
    Have you an old cemetery in stock, something with mossy graves and vaults ?

Thank you in advance !
    Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't have a cemetery map yet; but that might be a good thing to have. I'll put it on the list.

Had found the template for these castle ruins out there on the web somewheres, and always meant to see what I could come up with as far as background. Here's my first attempt. I only put a couple hours into this one, so I might have to come back and touch it up a little more, I dunno. Doesn't feel like it's done yet.

Attachment 2658

It looks very good.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

I like it. The only thing that seemed a bit out of place was how intact the arch on the ground on the east side is. It just seems like if that wall was either smashed or fell, the arch should be broken like the interior broken arch. I do really like the mostly hidden foundation walls.

It looks awesome!! the template its from Dunjinni forums i have it too eh eh
    Very nice friend
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    I like it. The only thing that seemed a bit out of place was how intact the arch on the ground on the east side is. It just seems like if that wall was either smashed or fell, the arch should be broken like the interior broken arch. I do really like the mostly hidden foundation walls.
    Thanks guys!

And yunno what, I think Griogre's right about that arch. I'm gonna kinda break it into pieces and maybe get some more undergrowth growing around it.

good job on the maps.

Visit my YouTube channel for tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr?feature=guide

I'm seeing a trip to the Underdark in my other party's future. Considering the endless miles of passages, I'm working on some tunnel maps for random encounters or whatever might come along.

Attachment 2718Attachment 2719Attachment 2720Attachment 2721Attachment 2722

Thread Information