Page 13 of 14 First ... 311121314 Last

Thread: Tor's Maps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakas View Post
    Wonderful job, thank you
    Welcome to the Community!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by sukEEt View Post
    Do you draw the individual items or do you populate pre-made items that you have already Drawn when it comes to filling you maps?
    Pre-made items. Though I modify just about every one of them (adjust color, hue/saturation, outer glow of mostly opaque black on some things, etc). Naturally, most of them get resized, rotated, and a drop shadow added from the most likely light-source in the room, stuff like that - though I cringe a little at just using a drop shadow. At the very least I'll sometimes separate the drop shadow from the object and deform it or stretch it out to get it closer to what's more realistic, but I have to pull myself back on getting too fussy with stuff like that. Sometimes I make my own shadows, if I can't find exactly what I want. Sorry - rambling.

Most of the time on these things is spent on the terrain, the walls, and the little touches. When I go deep on a map, and spend alotta time on it, I'll add lots of little shadow accents on the edges of objects and rooms, or add my closest approximation to dirt on the floors, rubble, gradient layers for light sources, stuff like that.

I've got a two floor mansion (that took me forever, due to all the walls and stuff) that I'll try to upload in the next day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgaard View Post
    Pre-made items. Though I modify just about every one of them (adjust color, hue/saturation, outer glow of mostly opaque black on some things, etc). Naturally, most of them get resized, rotated, and a drop shadow added from the most likely light-source in the room, stuff like that - though I cringe a little at just using a drop shadow. At the very least I'll sometimes separate the drop shadow from the object and deform it or stretch it out to get it closer to what's more realistic, but I have to pull myself back on getting too fussy with stuff like that. Sometimes I make my own shadows, if I can't find exactly what I want. Sorry - rambling.

Most of the time on these things is spent on the terrain, the walls, and the little touches. When I go deep on a map, and spend alotta time on it, I'll add lots of little shadow accents on the edges of objects and rooms, or add my closest approximation to dirt on the floors, rubble, gradient layers for light sources, stuff like that.

I've got a two floor mansion (that took me forever, due to all the walls and stuff) that I'll try to upload in the next day or two.
    Dude...
    Dude...

https://media.tenor.co/images/6a2073...f2d99bca6b/raw

Just like everyone else, I wanna give a big thank you! These maps are great! I know you are taking a break, but if you get in the mood the Lost Mine of Phandelver is really good. I would love to see more! Thanks again. Terrific stuff!

These maps are amazing!!!!!! Only thing i wish is there was one easy file that i could download, i sometimes get bored of clicking and saving
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

These are awesome. Thank you for using realistic deep colors. Some of the other ones I've seen are nice, but a little cartoon like.

Gotta say wow, these maps are really quite good Tor, lovely bit of work. I'll keep following.

Thread Information