FG Spreadshirt Swag

Quirky Gamer's Maps

Hey everyone,

I've been running custom campaigns for a little bit now in the 5E and Starfinder realms. With custom games I ended up needing custom maps. Who would have figured. Surprisingly I ended up actually liking cartography. I have some maps I've created through FGU but I don't know how I can share those images on here. I also ended up getting CC3+ with the Master Mapper pack along with SS4, SS5, and the Tomb of Ultimate Mapping. I went a little overboard to make sure I had all I needed. But I wanted to share these with the community as well as get some feedback. Any constructive feedback, comments, or just general jesting is welcome. I figure getting your feedback and going through the guides will be a great way to improve. Maybe after some time I'll take requests. Who knows!

Instead of posting a new thread for each map I figure I'll continuously post through here and if you like what you see just save this threat to get a stream of updated content. I'll also save it in a dropbox folder that I'll share in this link as I doubt all my maps will upload since I've had trouble before. Generally I save the maps using print to PDF Creator at 1,200 dpi then save it as a png at 600 dpi. Zooming in makes things a little fuzzy so I need to figure out a better way of saving.

If you enjoy the content let me know! If not let me know why as well!

Dropbox Link

2020.11.14 - Starfinder Alley Ambush (Starfinder)
    2020.11.15 - Sokal Keep v1 (5E)
    2020.11.19 - Sokal Keep v2 (5E)

Blog Entries
    Theirs a script on the PF forums that I think Mattekure built for me that makes it easy to export from CC3+ to a predefined resolution (I use 100 pixels per 5ft square). I haven't used it in months (as I haven't been mapping recently). But if you can't find it or need help with it, PM me and I spend the time to dig it up and figure it out and get it working for you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for sharing!

Sidenote to people using these in Fantasy Grounds (especially Classic) - the image resolution is way too big to use these in Fantasy Grounds Classic, they'll take up far too much memory. Reduce the resolution down to 2048x2048 pixels, or split the images into smaller chunks (each within 2048x2048) and share the individual chunks one at a time.

These can be used in FGU as is (as it's a 64-bit application) but they will take up a lot of memory and could cause some slowdown because of that. Also, they may take a long time to share to the players (but this is based on the image file size, not specifically pixel resolution)...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

Sidenote to people using these in Fantasy Grounds (especially Classic) - the image resolution is way too big to use these in Fantasy Grounds Classic, they'll take up far too much memory. Reduce the resolution down to 2048x2048 pixels, or split the images into smaller chunks (each within 2048x2048) and share the individual chunks one at a time.

These can be used in FGU as is (as it's a 64-bit application) but they will take up a lot of memory and could cause some slowdown because of that. Also, they may take a long time to share to the players (but this is based on the image file size, not specifically pixel resolution)...
    Thanks for this. In my games we use FGU but I'll have to watch the file size to make them not so large. I did notice with one of my FGU maps I created that it was very slow, but I also had a lot of different pieces in it. That explains why.

Added an overland map I'm not too thrilled with, still getting the hang of overland with CC3+. Also added the first level of a pharmacy. Didn't have access to the exact symbols I wanted but I made do. Still happy with it. As always any critiques are welcome. Dropbox link in the first post.

The overhead map shows a river that in game has a toxic sludge coming from upriver, which is where the dead space on both sides of the river starts. Just in case anyone is wondering why it looks like that.

And on the pharmacy map, in front of the pharmacy is a street cart the owner uses at times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Do you have the symbol installed from Vintyri Project? Not sure they have the symbols you want, but its a great resource for CC3+. Also their is the modern Symbol Set, but it's pretty limited too.

And thanks for sharing

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I don't! I'll have to go look for that. I actually updated the map because finishing it at 1something am I wasn't thrilled with the outcome. I also added effects and like what I see now a bit more. I tried uploading the new design but for some reason it won't work and I'm well under the 3MB threshold. Sorry all, but you can find it in the dropbox link!

Thread Information