STAR TREK 2d20

Does everyone need the C&C ruleset?

So I am thinking of running a C&C game over FG2. We have all been using OSRIC, and it's adequate (though, there are a number of issues I personally dislike), but I wanted to move into the C&C system.

That being said, I know the person running the game needs to purchase the C&C ruleset.

Do all the players need to purchase the C&C ruleset as well?

Only the GM needs the ruleset.
    Unless you have an ultimate edition license, the players need a full or lite license but nothing in addition to this.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Great News. None of my players have used C&C, and I only just started reading through the rules, but I like what I have read so far...and if it was good enough for Gary...it's good enough for me

Thx for the reply.

Blog Entries
    one downside is that if only the GM has the ruleset the players cannot access things in the PHB like weapons, class info, spells etc... it does limit you somewhat. the game most certainly can be played with only one copy of the rule set but your spell casters at the very least will appreciate their own copy. run it for a week or two and if you think its a good fit $10 a player is not a lot of money. of course - if they have paper (or pdf) rulebooks they can refer to those instead. I know there are some small discrepancies between editions and/or C&C ruleset - but hey - thats what the CK is there for.
    make sure you use sorcerors 2.8 extensions also. he has done a lot of great work in this extension.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your comments!

I purchased the C&C ruleset and Full License (upgraded from Lite) today

Thread Information