STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

HUGE Savage Worlds updates just released!

Anyone ordering the product from the store has had their allowable downloads count increased to allow the download of the updates for free. Thanks go out to phantomwhale and Doswelk for a lot of hard work in getting these together and helping ensure that compatibility was maintained with all the new features and bug fixes.

The following products required compatibility updates, but Doswelk also added many nice themes/skins that might interest GMs looking to convey a different mood.

Savage Suzerain
    Deadlands Reloaded (Player and Marshall)
    Sundered Skies
    Hellfrost
    Slipstream

Savage Worlds Ruleset 3.2

Here are list of features and bug fixes available in the new version. My favorites have got to be the drag and drop functionality (especially dragging and dropping *any* critter or library module monster to the PC window to pre-fill the character) and the speech bubbles.

Look for the upcoming release of Savage Worlds Deluxe which will be a paid upgrade but will maintain compatibility with the explorer edition. It will include the new library modules, but also a Chase tool extension.

New in 3.2
    [Feature] Lots of functionality upgraded to use the latest improvements from the 4E ruleset
    [Feature] Global toggles added to combat tracker for defensive, spacing, effects and hidden status of combatants
    [Feature] /exportchar and /importchar now export and import characters from and to XML files
    [Feature] Close window buttons added to all main windows, allowing single-click closing
    [Feature] Option to cascade statistic visibility, hidden token and friend/foe status to grouped combatants
    [Feature] Combat tracker now has hidden token option for NPCs
    [Feature] Deleting an effect using the delete key moves the cursor to the next or previous effect
    [Feature] NPCs can now be dragged to PC list to create new PCs; this enables pregen characters to be placed into modules.
    [Feature] Image sharing changed to allow players to close windows, no longer automatically closing image when the GM has finished with them
    [Feature] Reference pages tidied up to be more uniform in layout and behaviour
    [Feature] Hex grids now fully supported
    [Feature] Tokens can be resized / rescaled on the image using CTRL+wheel or CTRL+SHIFT+wheel and reset using CTRL+middle click or a new menu option
    [Feature] Weapons can have bonuses attached to them, to allow for permanent adjustments for individual weapons (shotgun +2 or trademark weapon +1 for instance)
    [Feature] New image toolbar allows easy access to drawing controls and extra grid adjustment options
    [Feature] Weapons and Armor made into draggable objects. New weapon and armor tables added to modules
    [Feature] Fixed slash command and added option for how cards dealt are annonunced in the combat tracker
    [Feature] Dice rolls now show up with portraits, similar to in character chat
    [Feature] Perference added to options screen for revealing GM dice
    [Feature] Updated preferences screen to use radio button interface
    [Feature] Slash command for modifiers is now officially /mod, rather than /modifier
    [Feature] Combat Tracker rearranged to bring more often used features to the main line. Armor added to tracker.
    [Feature] Card dealing now rewritten to support more than 5 cards, clearing hands, one hand per PC (rather than per user) and named windows.
    [Feature] Added second level of confirmation to deleting items from combat tracker
    [Feature] NPC special ability details are available via links and can also store links back to edges / hindrances when dragged onto the list
    [Feature] Maximum image size has been changed from 700x700 to 2048x2048
    [Bug] NPC ability description lines are no longer partly hidden
    [Bug] Removed console error when combat tracker tries to ring the bell of an unheld PC
    [Bug] Character sheet now closes when a PC releases the associated character identity
    [Bug] Support for revised edition damage fixed, and added to option menu
    [Bug] Obstacles table added to player's guide
    [Bug] list links (links on library reference pages) now copy to the HotKey bar with their name as text description (rather than just a blank link)
    [Bug] GM whispers now always come from default GM identity ("GM", usually)
    [Bug] Pointers now snap to grid and distance measurements are more correct / useful.
    [Bug] Window shortcuts on some reference panels would incorrectly reopen the reference text inside a different style of panel
    [Bug] Removed monster gear from descriptions in the bestiary
    [Bug] Tokens on the combat map now show the "visible" name - e.g. "Unknown" for entries with unknown visibility
    [Bug] Effects windows now properly deleted when delete key pressed on empty control, rather then just hidden (to reappear on next combat tracker opening)
    [Bug] Active flag can only be dropped when it is visible on an entry. Hover cursor added.
    [Bug] Combat Tracker now remembers all details
    [Bug] Modifier Star now correctly adds manual entries to named modifiers
    [Bug] Library Category names now appear again
    [Bug] NPCs now only shared when required for allies panel

Please note that we have decided to release these upgrades to the community for free for existing buyers. There is a lot of work that goes into developing, testing and releasing these updates. If you like what you see, please recommend them and Fantasy Grounds to your friends.

*gives a round of applause to phantomwhale and Doswelk*

Previously: MurghBpurn

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(did Doug just commit me to doing that Chase tool Doswelk and I were talking about ?)
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Blog Entries
    Oops.

Sorry to be a bit slow on this, but, how do we download it? I have the SW package and I am not seeing the link or anything about allowable downloads anywhere?

I presume you go into the Store page, then click on the small link at the very bottom of the page marked order history - this should give you download links to everything you bought via the FGII store.

(Unless you bought it via RPGNow, or some other third party, in which case you need to go to them for the link.)

That said, I can't be sure, as I bought my copy of SWEX long time ago when it was owned by a third-party company (Digital Adventures), and Doug still hasn't updated my account as an owner of SWEX ruleset, even though I'm sure I've asked a couple of times
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Ah, there it is! I was looking at the order history list (of stuff) and not seeing a link, when I should have clicked on the date that I ordered the stuff (that was where the link was)...if that makes sense. Anyway, there it is. Thanks for the response and help. And a big thanks for the maker(s)! Cant wait to test this out!

Thanks for all the hard work put into this update! I just tried downloading the updated version of the Deadlands Reloaded Marshall's Handbook and it loads a blank page with only the message invalid file.

Blog Entries
    My fault on that one. Please try it again.

Thanks. It works now.

Thread Information