STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Known spells on the character sheet

Hi all (and thanks Sorcerer for the ruleset !).

I'm new to C&C and to FGII so I apologize of my question is dumb : how to you add/enter known or prepared spells on the character sheet ?

For the record, I have installed the latest version of FGII and the latest version of the ruleset (with the v2.081 extension).

Enter a Class name on the "Main" Tab in the character sheet - this will create a spells entry in the "Spells" tab. Enter how many spells of each level you can cast -this will create the blank spell level headers below.

You will need to activate the Players Handbook library module first in "Module Activation" - book icon top right (Modules) - double-click on the picture of the player's handbook until the book icon opens or open the book icon by left-clicking and holding on the closed book icon (a left arrow appears on the book) then dragging to the left top open it.

Now, open the Player's Handbook library module (the scroll and quill "Library" image bottom right). Go to the relevant "spells" list from the Players Handbook in the library and click and drag the spells onto the spell entry (drag directly onto the class spell entry - not a blank area) - the spell should appear.

Duh ...

Thanks.

EDIT : and I found how to "cast" spells.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Natha; November 19th, 2011 at 00:08.

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    hey Natha - is there some automation in casting spells? or are you referring to ticking them off once used?
    Sorry for the late answer : I found how to "tick" a casted spell when not in preparation mode.

But is there an esay way to show in the chat box that the character is casting a spell and/or share a link to the spell description in the ruleset ?

The spell info doesn't get shared in any manner unless the person attempting to view the spell info has the C&C ruleset installed (basically, you gotta buy teh rules to see the spell contents - no freebies, but the ruleset is very inexpensive).

As for seeing casting info in the chat window, I thought there was a way to do that, but I might be getting confused over the dev versions that Sorcerer had been sending me and the current release version. I thought it had to do with whether or not the spell caster had targeted anyone via clicking on their figure on the battlemat, but I can't seem to make anything appear in chat, either.

Unless someone else knows the secret, I'm guessing that it not a feature of the current C&C ruleset. And unless Sorcerer reappears from his unexpected disappearance, I don't know when a new version of the ruleset can be expected.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by Natha
    But is there an esay way to show in the chat box that the character is casting a spell and/or share a link to the spell description in the ruleset ?
    There sure is (nearly - you can't share the spell link, but it does show some spell info) - but you can't do it from the normal spells tab, only from the spells mini sheet (click "MINI" at the bottom right of the spells tab).

In the mini sheet you'll see all of your prepared spells. To cast a spell, click the tick box to the left of the name - this will do 2 things:
    1. Automatically check the spell off as cast (put a tick in the little circle).
    2. Put some details in the chat window.

An example of what would be seen in the chat window when a character called "Tester" casts Bless would be:
    Tester: Spell [Bless] -> Allies gain +1 to hit and +1 to saves against fear.

Dang, Tren - you da man!!!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture
    Dang, Tren - you da man!!!

Took me a while to find it - I knew I'd used it during one of damned's sessions (much to their consternation when I appeared to be casting lots of spells) and wasn't sure if it was base ruleset functionality or from Sorcerer's handy CnC extension. But, it's there in the base ruleset...

Thread Information