DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Stitched,

Perhaps if you explain the purpose, it may help.

Currently, the tokens use an 8-point rotation, since D&D is generally is built upon the concept of a square grid for tactical encounters, and 8 points covers the 4 sides and the 4 corners of each grid square for racing. When using a grid hex, the token rotation switches to 12-points. For squares, I would say that you could model less than 8, just by not using diagonal facings, and any more than 8 would become hard to manage from an interface perspective. (i.e. at 32 points, you would be guessing whether you are at point 14 or 15, and it probably wouldn't make much difference.

At any rate, it would need to be built as an extension to enable something different than the base behavior.

Regards,
    JPG

Maybe I am still confused, but I think he is asking why it isn't supported in the 5e ruleset already and not how he would go about it

Token facing is supported in 5e but I think the OP is looking for something different. Perhaps, as Moon Wizard asks you could expand on what it is you want to do.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    To change the default token orientation count you may want to take a look at the following method for an imagecontrol: setTokenOrientationCount( count )

setTokenOrientationCount sets the number of different token orientations available in the imagecontrol, evenly spread out along a full revolution.

So for 15 degree angles, try calling the method with a count value of 24 (360/15) in the imagecontrol's onInit() function:

Code:
    setTokenOrientationCount(24)

I'm interested in a solution to this as well as I use hex maps. a count of 24 is good as it will suit square and hex maps. I have spent some time trying to understand the code that CORE uses to open an image but to no avail. Still get global nil value error in every location I think the setTokenOrientationCount should go. Did anyone ever post a solution.

Ignore me, I found an extention I had was overiding the image.lua file so nothing i did seemed to work. sorted now
    Last edited by Naroe; May 25th, 2019 at 13:27. Reason: correction

Thread Information