STAR TREK 2d20

Problem with DMG ranged effect

I'm trying this effect type:
    Code:
    Inspire Courage;ATK: 2 morale;DMG: 2 morale, melee;DMG: 2 morale, ranged;
    And I can get everything to work except for the DMG ranged portion of it.

If I do the below, it works fine for ranged damage:

Code:
    ATK: 1 morale;DMG: 1 morale;
    But obviously that affects everything, spells as well.

And the melee keywod works fine also.

Code:
    ATK: 1 morale;DMG: 1 morale melee;
    But the ranged keyword doesn't seem to be having any effect.

Code:
    ATK: 1 morale;DMG: 1 morale ranged;
    This is on the stock Pathfinder version of the 3.5 ruleset on a test new blank campaign.

How are you specifying that the weapon you are using is a ranged attack?

For weapons in the "Actions" tab there is an M/R setting (just after the name). The "M" (melee) is shown as an axe and the "R" (ranged) is shown as 2 arrows.

If I make an attack be "R" then "DMG: 1 morale ranged" works for me.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 14th, 2011 at 03:17.

Good thought. I'm not opposed to this being something dumb I'm doing. Here's some screen shots.

First under Wndows at home:

Sword and Bow using DMG ranged and melee effect

Next changing the keyword to "range" instead of "ranged", just in case that's wrong.

Next using just DMG: 1 morale, which works.

This also isn't a specific install issue. Here's my copy of FG2 running under Linux/Wine at work. I installed this fresh last week:

Also this issue cropped up during a game setup on Sunday. I was a player trying to get this to work and it wasn't working for anyone else either.

Is there a way to see which version of the ruleset I'm using? Maybe mine is a different version of yours and the bug was fixed in your version.

Crit multiplier other than x2 causes ranged weapons damage affects to be ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Dracones
    Next changing the keyword to "range" instead of "ranged", just in case that's wrong.
    It's definitely "ranged"

Is there a way to see which version of the ruleset I'm using? Maybe mine is a different version of yours and the bug was fixed in your version.
    You can see the version next to the "JPG" icon in the chat window when the system loads - you're running the same version as me.

I've managed to recreate your issue - change the crit multiplier of the shortbow to 2 and it will work. Have it as 3 and it fails - weird!

Good find. If you change a melee weapon crit multiplier to 3 or more "DMG: 1 morale melee" stops working too.

Good find. If you change a melee weapon crit multiplier to 3 or more "DMG: 1 morale melee" stops working too.
    Yeah, it's actually the "range" type (melee, ranged or area) that doesn't work with a crit multiplier greater than 2. "DMG:1 melee" for example.

Is there any kind of way to submit bugs for stuff like this? Any sort of bug tracker setup?

Best I could suggest is the Suggestion thread for 2.9 in The Lab forums below.

You can report them in the House of Healing as well.

Is there any kind of way to submit bugs for stuff like this? Any sort of bug tracker setup?
    For V2.8.1 people are using this thread.

Post #75 mentions a similar damage multiplier issue for creatures and Moon_Wizard mention in the next post that he'll fix it in V2.8.2. Might be worth putting this issue in the thread too?

Thread Information