FG Spreadshirt Swag

Will there be changes to the way token size is handled under 3.2?

I tried to find something about this in the changes to 3.2, but I didn't have any luck. Currently the way player character tokens are handled, when dragged to the map, are they default to 32 pixels and there is no way to change that. Other tokens can be brought to the map and changed by scaling the map, but the player characters are locked at 32 pixels.

I have the Necessary Evil tokens, which are all 128 pixels, which makes them far too large in comparison to the player characters. I realize there may be something I'm missing about how fantasy grounds currently handles tokens, but if not, I'm hoping 3.2 fixes the situation.

Thanks!

Currently, nothing has been done in 3.2, I'm afraid to say.

There is functionality in DL:R where you can adjust the default token size to be 32, 64, 128 or 256 pixels (no other values). This is done by a manual copy-and-paste of a config folder to create a new extension, and then a small tweak to a LUA file to adjust the size. So there is some work required to bring it back into SWEX ruleset, and potentially a little more work to make it an option inside the ruleset, rather than an external configuration item. So far no-one has asked for this.

Secondly, there is a suggestion to add a "token" image onto the character sheet, so that PC tokens are no longer auto-generated from the portrait, and instead can be any token you like. This is how 4E does it, I believe. There is a request for this on the idea tracker : https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=28976

Lastly, with the improved token handling in 3.2, you should be able to press SHIFT and mouse-wheel on a token to quickly increase it's size. Three clicks should take a token to x4.0 - which should be the right size, although being scaled up will probably result in a lower quality token. Far from ideal, but it will be in 3.2.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Your long, echoing silence cut me deep man... sure, you might argue you've been asleep / at work since my post, which really only was about 12 hours ago, and made in my bizarro upside down Aussie timezone, but... but... I couldn't take it.

So there : https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/post/12553...ly-chosen-from

But that's it. Your not getting a xmas gift now. That's your lot. Be off with you...
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Wow! That is awesome news. Smiteworks should give you a raise because you basically just gave their Savage Worlds tokens real value. I don't know why more people didn't complain about the size before.

Bring on the Golden Age of Savage Worlds online in version 3.2!

I think you just edged out Guy Pearce as my favorite Australian.

Guy remains #1 Aussie; I'm a British ex-pat - it was the move down under that inspired the need to own a premium platform for continuing our Savage Worlds gaming on.

Now to ask about that raise

Thread Information