Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Legend of the Five Rings

January 7th, 2010, 14:59
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    I am not sure about the fan-made version, but there is a high likelihood that an official one will be coming out this year.
    Any updates available on the L5R ruleset or has it been abandoned?

We got off to a later start than originally planned. The official contract with AEG didn't get signed until late August and work has just recently begun.

Thank you for your response and totally understandable. I am glad to know that the project is well...still a project. I appreciate all the work you guys do, I realize there is much to cover.

This is fantastic news, thank you ddavison!! Is it too early to forecast a (ballpark) release month?

I have been running a C&C game using FG2 for a long time now, but I am such a sap for L5R, love that game.

C

It's still too early. Some of the graphics work has begun but the automation and library conversion hasn't really gotten into full swing yet.

Is this something that is still in the works?

What L5R adventure modules are they looking at being available for conversion, I have a bunch of 1st Ed adventures that I wouldn't mind converting once a rules-set is ready (love the system, but never really got to play) they could be released as "classic."
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Ember of the Last War
    Current Project: Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Not going well, too much overtime.
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Just had one of my Fantasy Grounds players asking if L5R was on FG...
    Ultimate License
    Time Zone: MST (GMT-7)

ddavison,

Any updates on this? It's been a while.

Thanks and sorry if it seems like I'm harpin on ya.

Work seems to have stalled on this front, due to a lack of available developers who are familiar with the system and capable of full ruleset development. We may need to try to push this through a kickstarter project to try to get it funded and built.

Thread Information