STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    The Orc language doesn't seem to be accepted by the extension... since Orc is a starting language for all half-orcs it's probably a necessary addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    The Orc language doesn't seem to be accepted by the extension... since Orc is a starting language for all half-orcs it's probably a necessary addition.
    Hey Blackfoot, what do you mean when you say not accepted? What are you trying and what happens? I've tested this with both of the extensions in this thread and they work fine for me.

Just trying it out. Using Sylvan.
    The translation works OK but the player also gets an error
    Unknown special message received. Type = fontchat.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Quote Originally Posted by graphil
    Just trying it out. Using Sylvan.
    The translation works OK but the player also gets an error
    Unknown special message received. Type = fontchat.
    Sounds like the player side didn't load the extension. Exit FG on the player's side and then join the game again - check in the chat window that the text for the extension is displayed - this should be below the 3.5E "JPG" copyright notice.

V2.5 - FG2 V2.9 Compatible!

It took me a while to find the issue introduced with FG V2.9 where the extension would only work if it was loaded on the players PC as well - it wouldn't download from the GM. It was to do with a forward slash (/) in the extension title - that was it! So I've removed it and it works fine...

Updated extension in the first post of this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Bravo, Brother. Once again nice work!

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Blog Entries
    Just a note to say that one of my players found a method to circumvent the translation logic in the extension (PC's are only supposed to receive a translation if they know the language), meaning he was able to get a translation regardless of the specified language.

I won't explain the method here for the sake of not ruining anyones fun with the extension however I will be updating the 4E version to block this method - I would be more than happy to discuss with whomever is maintaing the 3.5E/Pathfinder version so that the method can be blocked for this version too.

Devs PM me for more info.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    Just a note to say that one of my players found a method to circumvent the translation logic in the extension (PC's are only supposed to receive a translation if they know the language), meaning he was able to get a translation regardless of the specified language.

I won't explain the method here for the sake of not ruining anyones fun with the extension however I will be updating the 4E version to block this method - I would be more than happy to discuss with whomever is maintaing the 3.5E/Pathfinder version so that the method can be blocked for this version too.

Devs PM me for more info.
    All your haxxorz are belong to us!
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Just curious but any idea when compatibility for 2.9.1 will be out as the extension seems to no longer be working. Not sure if the problem is specific to my copy of fantasy grounds or if it is just that the latest update rendered it useless. Sorry to bother you about something so inconsequential although an answer would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelheit
    Just curious but any idea when compatibility for 2.9.1 will be out as the extension seems to no longer be working. Not sure if the problem is specific to my copy of fantasy grounds or if it is just that the latest update rendered it useless. Sorry to bother you about something so inconsequential although an answer would be appreciated.
    What version of the extension are you using? I updated the attachment in the first post a few weeks
    ago.

I used it fine in a game this week.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information