DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... I'm thinking that in Pathfinder.. the Gnomish language is more like Sylvan or some other Fey language than Dwarven.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    Hmm... I'm thinking that in Pathfinder.. the Gnomish language is more like Sylvan or some other Fey language than Dwarven.
    Good point.

I've updated the extension (V2.4) with a new font reference "pfgnome" that uses the Elven font if the PFRPG Game System option is enabled. If PFRPG is not enabled, the font reference "gnome" is used which uses the Dwarven font.

I've added some support for the spells comprehend languages and tongues to this extension. Now, if a PC has "comprehend languages" in the Languages section of the Notes tab, that player will see translations for any language. If a PC has "tongues" in the Languages section of the Notes tab, that player will see translations for any language, and be able to speak any language.

Well, in the original Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting, it specified that Gnome used the Dwarven alphabet. This hasn't necessarily been altered by the statement in the Inner Sea World Guide that Gnome has some similarities with Aklo and Sylvan.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    I've added some support for the spells comprehend languages and tongues to this extension. Now, if a PC has "comprehend languages" in the Languages section of the Notes tab, that player will see translations for any language. If a PC has "tongues" in the Languages section of the Notes tab, that player will see translations for any language, and be able to speak any language.
    That's a great idea - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    Well, in the original Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting, it specified that Gnome used the Dwarven alphabet. This hasn't necessarily been altered by the statement in the Inner Sea World Guide that Gnome has some similarities with Aklo and Sylvan.
    Good spot, I hadn't checked the Campaign Setting book.

The Campaign Setting was published under the d20 rules, so it could be argued that its reference to Gnome using the Dwarven alphabet was just following the d20 rules. The trouble is that the Pathfinder rules have dropped the table showing which alphabet each language uses, without replacing it with anything. So there's really nothing to go on, unless you just use the table from the d20 rules.

Blog Entries

Error!

I get an error (pops up the console) if I enter /lang with no arguments. You might want to put in a check for this.
    Maybe give some help output if you just do /lang
    Actually.. it would be pretty cool if it were to work with just /l makes for a good bit of typing if you are actually using it to talk with... hrm.. /l seems to mess with lighting...
    ok.. /la works.. that's not too bad I guess.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; November 15th, 2011 at 20:22.

I get an error (pops up the console) if I enter /lang with no arguments. You might want to put in a check for this.
    Maybe give some help output if you just do /lang
    Good idea - I'll put that in the next release.

Actually.. it would be pretty cool if it were to work with just /l makes for a good bit of typing if you are actually using it to talk with... hrm.. /l seems to mess with lighting...
    ok.. /la works.. that's not too bad I guess.
    I'd prefer not to change this as it has been around for a while now, so we have a pretty good idea that /lang doesn't interfere with other extensions etc..

If you really want to save yourself typing 2 extra characters, you can change it for yourself in the extension: scripts\fontchat.lua - Comm.registerSlashHandler("lang", processLanguageChat);

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    I'd prefer not to change this as it has been around for a while now, so we have a pretty good idea that /lang doesn't interfere with other extensions etc..

If you really want to save yourself typing 2 extra characters, you can change it for yourself in the extension: scripts\fontchat.lua - Comm.registerSlashHandler("lang", processLanguageChat);
    Currently you can do just /la and it works.. without making any changes. /l attempts to use the lighting change functions... I'm not sure what it does on the player side.

Currently you can do just /la and it works.. without making any changes. /l attempts to use the lighting change functions... I'm not sure what it does on the player side.
    Ah, OK - I misunderstood you, sorry... Looks like the ruleset autocomplete code comes into effect. Nice!

Good catch - here's an amended version that catches this.

Thread Information