FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: XML format?

XML format?

Hey all,
    Where, in a specific campaign folder, can I find the file(s) which contain the XML entries for NPCs, weapons, feats, monsters, etc.? Also, is there an XML format doc which explains the structure of each type?

Thanks!

All the campaign data is stored in db.xml
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Emrak
    Hey all,
    Where, in a specific campaign folder, can I find the file(s) which contain the XML entries for NPCs, weapons, feats, monsters, etc.? Also, is there an XML format doc which explains the structure of each type?

Thanks!
    I'm not aware of any specific documentation for the entries. A lot of them will be different based on the ruleset used.

For my Pathfinder Creature parser, I just looked at a few example creatures in the Bestiary module provided and worked the XML format out from there. You could do the same for the included modules (rules, bestiary, spells, etc) or add a few items you're interested into your specific campaign and see how they are stored in the db.xml file mentioned by Doswelk.

Story Items, NPCs, PCs - stored in the db.xml in the campaign folder.
    Weapons, Feats, Monsters, etc. will be in modules. Copy and rename the .mod file in the modules folder to .zip. Extract and the data is in the common.xml/client.xml/db.xml file (depending on what type of module it is).
    The structures for weapons / feats / monsters are in utility_reference.xml (I think that's what it's called) in the ruleset.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thanks for the info all!

Thread Information