DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    It's the ampersand in the description text for the tricorne hat. I'm queueing up a patch for v3.3.2, which will be in beta testing shortly.

In the mean time, you can replace the "&" text in the tricorne description with "and" as a workaround.

Also, I added HLFG as a valid file extension for the forums.

Regards,
    JPG

Thankyou kindly, that solved the problem. What a simple solution!

I just try the demo and I don't find the import HL video in the FG game. It may be obvious, but i'm lost. The initial video is no longer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eretas313 View Post
    I just try the demo and I don't find the import HL video in the FG game. It may be obvious, but i'm lost. The initial video is no longer there.
    Welcome to the forums!

There are two Hero Lab videos in the Video section of the Wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos Search (CTRL+F) for "Hero Lab" on that page.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi all. Just purchased the PF Core Rule Book and RotRL on an old Lite License key (updated to v3.3.1 Player).

I am trying to import an HL (v. 8.2a latest) character .

Following the instructions from here: Preparing your PC for Fantasy Grounds
    https://www.fg-con.com/information/p...ntasy-grounds/

When I get to step under "Using the Fantasy Grounds Character Converter" that says "...open the “utilities” folder and run the CharacterConverter application." my character converter does not open upon mouse click or quick menu "open."

- Why is the character converter not working?

- Does it have anything to do with my old Lite license?

- Is there another way to import HL characters to FG?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

There's no other mechanism to import from HL, since both programs use a different XML format to store character information and the converter changes one to the other.

If it's not starting, you may want to check your security software to make sure it's not blocking the converter from running.

Also, are you running on Windows?

Regards,
    JPG

Thx for the reply.

I should have put that I'm running the Wine wrapper on a MacBook Pro.

Zacchaeus gave me some insight on Discord (FG College) earlier today. Even though I went ahead and upgraded to a full license it appears that there is something wrong in the Wine coding so I will be unable to use the converter there nor will I be able to import images and maps.

Disappointing but not the end of the world.

Here's for hoping Unity is a welcomed addition for us Mac users! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lacker View Post

I should have put that I'm running the Wine wrapper on a MacBook Pro.

nor will I be able to import images and maps.
    Not sure why you can't do this. To import an image or a map you simply drop the image or map into the images folder in your campaign. Or are you thinking about something else?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I tried opening my folder in campaign > image folder and was unable to paste/copy or link into it

I don't know much about macs but there's a definite problem with your install if you can't put something in your images folder. If it were windows I'd say it was a permissions issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information